Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise our owners have already been targeted don't you?

Daily, weekly and monthly, much more when we win the league or a cup.

I can't see what the journalists over here have missed to target our owners.
We've had...
State run.
Oil money.
Sportswashing.
Blood on our hands.
Financial doping.
The war in Yemen.
Human rights abuse.
Ruining football.
Buying leagues.
Altering emails.
Cooking the books.
Lying about sponsorship deals.

Have I missed anything?
I notice, with interest, the term “poor business owners” isn’t one of things that ever gets said…and that’s all our ownership cares about!

There is a (uniquely?) British trait that if you feel like you can’t harm someone/something because they’re relatively impervious to your ire, by being above it (financially or simply because nothing you say can harm them!), then the sniping gets worse and worse!

In fact, I would say the media is apoplectic that no matter what you throw at City, the owners don’t say anything!

When needed, they have their lawyers speak for them, but otherwise, outside of the Chairman’s Annual Post Season interview, our owners say NOTHING.

Instead, they have simply bought, invested in, and built the best run club in the WORLD, as the focal point of a global football brand that will print money long into the future.

Sheikh Mansour has quietly turned £200M into £3Bn, and the parochial numpties in the media HATE that!

It's still our job as City fans to inform the masses that they aren't even from Manchester though. :)
And I love that!

I’ve relayed before that when I mention I’m from Manchester, it invariably gets the instant reply “Manchester United,” at which point I fake spit on the ground!

I tell them about City and how United are not even from Manchester and are only well known because of being a top team when the Premier League was invented for satellite TV sales to the world.

When I run into someone who says they support United, I always ask them if they’re from Manchester. When they say they’re from some far flung corner of the world, I simply say “Of course, because if you were from Manchester, you’d be a City supporter! United supporters are from everywhere EXCEPT Manchester because of TV!”

;-)

Spreading the gospel, one person at a time!

I also see more and more City shirts around the world, and make a point of it to say “Hi! I’m from Manchester and a City fan, too!” That’s how I found out Gordon Brown’s kid is a City fan! I was introduced to him and his bodyguard before a flight and I told him I was from Manchester. He wanted to know Blue or Red, and when I told him, he introduced his son (Alistair, IIRC) because he was a City fan!

Conversely, if I see a United shirt/top in the gate area, I go up to them (in uniform, of course) and tell them there are no United fans allowed on this flight and they need to cover up that top before boarding because it’s offensive to me….as a City fan!!! ;-)

I stay pretty serious until the end. Of course, then I ask them where they’re from and give them the “Of course you are, because if you were from Manc…” spiel!

:-)

Just seen this. Burst out laughing when I saw the source.

View attachment 38345
I guess when you’re getting paid for output to generate clicks, occasionally you have to whore yourself a little?!

Sad.

What next?

“Carson was only brought on in the Champions League because he was causing unrest in the Dressing Room at his lack of playing time and the fact that is contract has still not been renegotiated.”

SMH

Remind me of a similar story recently leaked about senior rag players unhappy that Jesse Shingard isn't playing more regularly for the 1st team.
aT8csLU.gif

I notice, with interest, the term “poor business owners” isn’t one of things that ever gets said…and that’s all our ownership cares about!

There is a (uniquely?) British trait that if you feel like you can’t harm someone/something because they’re relatively impervious to your ire, by being above it (financially or simply because nothing you say can harm them!), then the sniping gets worse and worse!

In fact, I would say the media is apoplectic that no matter what you throw at City, the owners don’t say anything!

When needed, they have their lawyers speak for them, but otherwise, outside of the Chairman’s Annual Post Season interview, our owners say NOTHING.

Instead, they have simply bought, invested in, and built the best run club in the WORLD, as the focal point of a global football brand that will print money long into the future.

Sheikh Mansour has quietly turned £200M into £3Bn, and the parochial numpties in the media HATE that!
Brilliant post and superbly put.

I understand there has been a series of UN resolutions since the first one, each one with different elements. Some experts believe the only way out of this crisis will be if the Chinese put pressure on Russia. The Chinese have a lot to lose if World War 3 breaks out. They are not condemning Russia publically but hopefully they are working behind the scenes. Other experts believe the Chinese are playing a waiting game because they want to claim back Taiwan. What a bloody mess.

When China goes for Taiwan, NATO will stand by if it suits them, it’s never black or white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.