Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no business man but surely you sell when you are at the top, not when you are 9th, might miss out on champs league next season and have just drawn Madrid this year.
Maybe it's not us that's broken them but the reality that there is no super league, no TV deal allowing them to keep money from their games and no yank cabal.
So sad.

I couldn't say definitively what they're up to or why now. They clearly had a lot invested in the success of the Super League, maybe they know the only way is down for Liverpool and they're cashing out now before it becomes too obvious, I've no idea.

The figure I keep seeing quoted is $4.25 billion.

Prestwich Blue is the man to ask.
According to the Markham Multivariate Model, supposedly the most accurate based on actual sale values, we're currently worth about £2.5bn. Putting Liverpool's 2021 figures into that model values them around £1bn but I'd say that the 2022 figures would probably value them closer to £1.5bn.

Any buyer, unless they weren't worried about the bottom line or cashflow, would be looking at the potential risk of a loss of cash from failing to get top four, plus the cost of having to refresh the squad. They're probably OK defensively but lack a midfield who could play the way someone like Pep would want them to. A lot depends on Salah up front but he's 31 next birthday and you can't see them easily replacing him, if someone like Bayern or Real Madrid came calling. Diaz looks decent but can he do it season after season? The jury's still very much out on Nunez, and it seems as though they don't really know how to use him.

And then there's the question about Klopp's future. His style is possibly getting a bit dated as more teams are playing the ball around and retaining possession these days and they aren't as good at that. Could they find another manager to replace him who'd be an advocate of gegenpressing? If they go for someone who favours a possession style then you have to wonder which of their players would be able to adapt to that. They'd need pretty well a whole new midfield.

The 2021 FY was a funny one, with no matchday revenue and they had to borrow £70m to fund transfers, which they'd normally have earned from matchday revenue. We need to see the 2022 accounts to get a better picture but, like united, they could be at a tipping point if they miss out on top four.

It's everywhere...

It's been a PR triumph for Liverpool. On the day our accounts are published FSG has cemented the lie that they can't compete with the state owned clubs, who have unparalleled resources Liverpool simply can't match.

In parallel the line that City is a morally dubious club, that flaunts FFP and cheats repeatedly, has been made all day long by Liverpool fan groups and compliant journalists with complete impunity, not once in the tidal wave of coverage has this been questioned.

The message is clear, City, PSG and Newcastle distort the market to the detriment of the game, it's straight out of the Tebas playbook, and honest, upstanding FSG has no choice but to go begging or jump ship.

It's been a masterstroke, really impressive.

I'm not so sure. It's hardly a selling-point if you are saying you can't compete with a competitor. In fact, quite the reverse, it diminushes the value.

Plus, most people outside the Liverpol/united bubble can see the other factors at play.

BBC Breakfast News …just after 6:30am this morning…reporting on Liverpool … so many clubs are now owned by States ….Manchester City, PSG and now Newcastle ….

Martin Samuel nails it again by saying FSG's ultimate goal was to get the Super League up and running and as thatsfl failed they've decided to fuck off

I'm not so sure. It's hardly a selling-point if you are saying you can't compete with a competitor. In fact, quite the reverse, it diminushes the value.

Plus, most people outside the Liverpol/united bubble can see the other factors at play.

Correct. And, unlike Chelsea, there is no comparable land value for a hedge fund approach.

You can't develop the local environs around Anfield and the only uplift is the ongoing ground extension and raising ticket prices.

Otherwise, you have to accept the type of bidders their shite fans have denounced and racially smeared for a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.