Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact made a complaint myself to the pricks, obvious bias - filed under “cunts being cuntish”, will be opting out of the licence fee since getting iptv I think

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63555465 is the article, complain here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints I’d say as many as possible get on it, I messed up a bit as I moaned about “state owned” where it says “state backed” but the argument is the same as is the sentiment
Your wasting your time , the BBC just bat away any complaints with a standard reply , despite being "state funded" themselves they answer to no one , BBC Salford is rife with Rags & Dippers.
My retort has been to stop paying the licence and i suggest everyone else does , the goons they send round to your house chasing up payment are powerless , (their hollow threats of court action are not enforcable without proof and they need access to your property to gain proof)eventually the BBC will be defunded either by the government or people not paying the licence . The BBC's days are numbered, and they have brought on themselves with the agenda's they clearly promote when they should be impartial , the mismanagement and the money syphoned off via BBC studios which had commercial revenues of £1.6 billion in 2021 , so why do they still go cap in hand to the general public for funding ?
Its not just sport , its politics and other walks of life , the day this unfit for purpose organisation is defunded can't come soon enough , and all the overpaid tossers like Lineker and Shearer will have to go out and earn a living instead of stealing their exorbitant salaries from the man in the street.

Standard Chartered (fined $1.5 billion for money laundering for the rogue Iranian regime and other terrorist organisations) have also been fined £20 million for breaching sanctions on Russia and most recently were found to be facilitating money transfers between Iran and the Taliban.

Their, until fairly recently, secondary shirt sponsors Western Union were fined $586 million for money laundering for criminals and terrorists including Hezbollah.

Morals my arse.

They have an answer for that:

"Sponsorship deals with big businesses that are involved in some shady practices? Close to unavoidable in football. Owner who is personally, partly responsible for the worlds biggest humanitarian crisis and is using your club to launder his states image? Not even close to the same"

Not a very good answer, but an answer nonetheless.

Talksport :

“City are the most boring team to ever win the Premier League.”

“Even the Manchester City fans are not invested in it anymore!”

Pep’s great Barcelona side had no passion, it’s not great to watch.”

What a load of shit! If it wasn’t for my work colleague showing me a wouldn’t believe it - and Cundy sort of agreeing with the caller!

An Arsenal fan knowing how all us City fans feel!

Maybe someone should show him the commentators reactions during the recent 6-3 derby…….
“Thing of beauty, sensational, when do you ever see football like this, breathtaking, brilliant” to quote a few
As Pep has said many times he doesn't send his teams out to entertain halitosis Terry the Arsenal fan from Chigwell or 30st bedridden Lloyd the Liverpool fan in Swansea. He sends his teams out to win for his people, The Manchester City fans all over the world who haven't stopped smiling for 11 glorious years of fantastic football and success. The written and audio/TV media in this country should be ashamed of themselves the way they have treated us. Unprofesssional, jealous, bitter C@nts

In fact made a complaint myself to the pricks, obvious bias - filed under “cunts being cuntish”, will be opting out of the licence fee since getting iptv I think

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63555465 is the article, complain here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints I’d say as many as possible get on it, I messed up a bit as I moaned about “state owned” where it says “state backed” but the argument is the same as is the sentiment
Well done on the complaint but I think there is a difference between state-backed and state-owned.
You could argue that City, United, and Arsenal are all indirectly state-backed because they are sponsored by Etihad, Saudi Telecom, and Emirates (all state owned firms). This allows some hacks to wriggle off the hook.
But the term state-owned, as applied to City, is just a lie and should always be called out.

Hi fella, the sneaky bastards have changed the text now - "It has become increasingly difficult for clubs to compete financially with sides that have backers from wealthy states, such as Paris St-Germain (Qatar), Manchester City (Abu Dhabi) and Newcastle (Saudi Arabia)." So by that rationale they are saying the USA and UK are not wealthy states!?

Last edited:
Hi fella, the sneaky bastards have changed the text now - "It has become increasingly difficult for clubs to compete financially with sides that have backers from wealthy states, such as Paris St-Germain (Qatar), Manchester City (Abu Dhabi) and Newcastle (Saudi Arabia)."
Good. Shows they know they were out of order! Odd they don’t count the US as a wealthy state ? Makes the whole piece nonsense ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.