Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

They still have the same note in their March 2022 quarterly reporting, so I am assuming it is United. Backed up by the fact that they are not named in the tweet. And, of course, they are held by a Cayman Island company.

Which reminds me of a little anecdote. Back in the day, when I was working in Switzerland, we had a Panamanian company that paid "bonuses" but we always said all companies complied with relevant financial requirements. Which was true. Panama required you to keep books of account, but there was no requirement for them to be true, fair, or even accurate.

Simpler times :)

Yep, apparently a press conference for last year’s Carabao Cup winners before a pre season friendly is the biggest story in football today, according to the BBC

Is it open for replies? I would ask him how he finds the K-Pop star brought in before the match to shift the tickets football fans wouldn't buy :)

Or how a youtuber got hold of 20,000 tickets that wouldn't shift and tried to sell them at a discount.

Is it open for replies? I would ask him how he finds the K-Pop star brought in before the match to shift the tickets football fans wouldn't buy :)

Or how a youtuber got hold of 20,000 tickets that wouldn't shift and tried to sell them at a discount.
On your last sentence, I cannot stand either club, but the prices of the tickets are eye-wateringly obscene. And that's by European standards, imagine how much the Thais are being fleeced?

It's an absolute disgrace.

Think they are playing at the Rajamangala stadium, where we had our matches back in about '05.

Haha is that true?

To be fair, the cheapest tickets sold well as I understand it, but the more expensive ones were crazy prices. 750 USD or so is pretty unaffordable for locals.

Even the K-Pop fans didn't fancy it for an hour performance, hastily arranged, with poor acoustics, no lighting/effects, outside in the rainy season.

One of the problems having large fanbases in countries without much economic clout, I suppose.

To be fair, the cheapest tickets sold well as I understand it, but the more expensive ones were crazy prices. 750 USD or so is pretty unaffordable for locals.

Even the K-Pop fans didn't fancy it for an hour performance, hastily arranged, with poor acoustics, no lighting/effects, outside in the rainy season.

One of the problems having large fanbases in countries without much economic clout, I suppose.
Cheapest were around £250-300 each i think. In a country where minimum wage is around £7 per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.