Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be that scrutinised we'd have to count the hairs after shaving:-)
but that's not really what I was asking...

... is it not a bit hypocritical to demand all English clubs tax affairs be domiciled in the UK but it's okay to expect say, Melbourne or New York to not have their affairs domiciled in Australia, USA etc?

(I'm sure all if the CFG clubs are compliant in their respective territories but my question about hypocrisy is more to do with ethics than practice)

Such a demnd would create problems* for CFG is what I am saying.

*Probably not insurmountable problems in practice, mind. Those with money can usually afford to rewrite the rules... but it's hardly ethical to insist upon one standard in your own country whilst profiting from doing differently in another.
I do not know where the constituent clubs of CFG are domiciled but it is quite possible for a subsidiary to be registered in its own country, separately from its “foreign” parent. City indeed is UK registered while being a wholly owned subsidiary of CFG.. Do not criticise without doing your research. Start with the registration of CFG clubs……..then you may find your strictures are justified, but they may not be. I think that the Chinese club is a Chinese company, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.