Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I am all in favour of City not giving the usual red loving hypocritical journalists their 5 mins of fame this is different. It’s a clear accusation of cheating on Britains premier Sports news station.

If City ignore this then I can only think of 2 reasons. We may not be sure of our ground (which is conerning) or we are prepared for “journalists” to say what they like about us (which is baffling).

As City fans, most of us will live in a vacuum when it comes to what is said about our club or PR strategy.

What I will say, very few football fans in general will have ever dealt with a club's PR department.

It's painful to us (and me) but most people are unable to make a comparison with the effectiveness of City's media team and all the rest.

We do sometimes pick the wrong battles and pull up the silly stuff, when we should be banning organisations, even if City like some of the people who cover us on their behalf.

Go after the livelihoods and pockets, not the token battles won during a slapped wrist.

She has also defamed our auditors, accountants and lawyers ie people with deep pockets

As well as our sponsorship partners.

She has basically stated collusion.

As soon as she started the sentence, she tried to walk it back to a degree with poncey wordage, then showed her bias and lack of intelligence, planting both feet directly in the shit.

If it walks like a duck..

I sometimes get the feeling City are quite happy for certain media morons to spout shite and make themselves look incredibly stupid. Unfortunately too many football supporters are equally stupid and believe the shite they are fed.
The club needs to act, at least by putting out a statement correcting allegations that are clearly untrue.
Stronger action can be reserved for major accusations of cheating.

As well as our sponsorship partners.

She has basically stated collusion.

As soon as she started the sentence, she tried to walk it back to a degree with poncey wordage, then showed her bias and lack of intelligence, planting both feet directly in the shit.

If it walks like a duck..

Any contacts at the club you could make aware?

The club look at Blue Moon.

Many people on here have email addresses of people at City.

There’s no way the club would miss that.

Here you go. Fire away.

Man City Press Office.

To speak with our Press Office, please contact press.office@mancity.com.

Not challenging these journalists does make you wonder if we are being creative in how we run our business and don’t want to draw too much attention by openly attacking and challenging them.
I am pretty sure stuff goes on behind the scenes we simple fans are not privy to. I suspect the club reacts to these accusations in ways we don’t hear about.
As far as fiddling our accounts, any organisation worth their soul would present their accounts in the most favourable way to them and I’m pretty sure we’re no different to the rest and in all likelihood much better at it. As long as it’s legal there are no issues for me.
Let them stew in their boiling piss and concentrate on winning on the pitch (as well as in the boardroom).
I couldn’t give a shit what others think about us. Fuck them.

Not challenging these journalists does make you wonder if we are being creative in how we run our business and don’t want to draw too much attention by openly attacking and challenging them.
I am pretty sure stuff goes on behind the scenes we simple fans are not privy to. I suspect the club reacts to these accusations in ways we don’t hear about.
As far as fiddling our accounts, any organisation worth their soul would present their accounts in the most favourable way to them and I’m pretty sure we’re no different to the rest and in all likelihood much better at it.
Let them stew in their boiling piss and concentrate on winning on the pitch (as well as in the boardroom).
I couldn’t give a shit what others think about us. Fuck them.

If they knew anything specific they'd say it, they'd revel in it, they'd run it on the hour every hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.