Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they knew anything specific they'd say it, they'd revel in it, they'd run it on the hour every hour.
Agreed
That’s why we have much smarter people looking after our business than them.
The fact that nothing concrete has ever been uncovered must drive them mad!

Around 5 minutes in...

It's just as Khaldoon said, other clubs(via their paid for shills in the media) are blaming City for their own poor business practices. Vague-lazy lies about "fiddling the books", falsehoods about inflated deals and other clubs not being able to compete. City do not and never have had the highest commercial revenue in world football. That's not the reason Barca are in trouble at all. Also didn't Juve's owners raise eyebrows when they increased their Jeep sponsorship immediately after signing Ronaldo(to help pay his wages no doubt)?

I hope the club do something about this one because she was very specific. We know she is talking pure nonsense but it's City fans who will have to listen to mouth-breathers regurgitating it to every City fan they come across. We need to come up with a buzzword for that type of weaponised crusader(they are obsessive with it). We know how much our twitter press like a buzzword, it will wind them right up.

It's just as Khaldoon said, other clubs(via their paid for shills) are blaming City for their own poor business sense. Vague-lazy lies about "fiddling the books", falsehoods about inflated deals and other clubs not being able to compete. City do not and never have had the highest commercial revenue in world football. That's not the reason Barca are in trouble at all. Also didn't Juve's owners raise eyebrows when they increased their Jeep sponsorship immediately after signing Ronaldo(to help pay his wages no doubt)?

I hope the club do something about this one because she was very specific. We know she is talking pure nonsense but it's City fans who will have to listen to mouth-breathers regurgitating it to every City fan they come across. We need to come up with a buzzword for that type of weaponised crusader(they are obsessive with it). We know how much our twitter press like a buzzword, it will wind them right up.
The word your looking for is cunts, hope that helps.

At least she has her looks, even if she is not the brightest lipstick in the makeup bag . I think the big problem is that football although it's big business worldwide, has never been run as if it is a big international business . Then City come along and apply global business decisions that multi faceted businesses apply worldwide everyday in the business world, but because football has never worked that way they don't understand the the way of the business world. And with ignorance decide that it has to be wrong, a bit snide in fact it's fraud and cheating. then uneducated people spread the word and we all know what happens next.

At least she has her looks, even if she is not the brightest lipstick in the makeup bag . I think the big problem is that football although it's big business worldwide, has never been run as if it is a big international business . Then City come along and apply global business decisions that multi faceted businesses apply worldwide everyday in the business world, but because football has never worked that way they don't understand the the way of the business world. And with ignorance decide that it has to be wrong, a bit snide in fact it's fraud and cheating. then uneducated people spread the word and we all know what happens next.
We win lots

but city don't act like a big international business when it comes to protecting its image, completely the opposite. Can't really imagine any other major business sitting back whilst its competitors pump out damaging lies about them, either directly or by proxy, on a daily basis, week after week.

If I recall correctly ADUG did pay the Etisalat sponsorship but UEFA accepted that was later refunded by Etisalat.

Just playing devils advocate here. I’m no expert on financial matters and have no desire to be one. But isn’t that the kind of decidedly dodgy dealings the club are often accused of? Or is that normal business practice?

CAS didn't "look into" anything that was obviously time barred as that would be a waste of their time and resources, so no, it's not right. There may have been disagreement on what constituted being time barred or not but that is the extent of it.

Please tell me that you don't get your information from random idiots on media comments posts?
‘‘Twas prior to ffp, so complete balderdash

Just playing devils advocate here. I’m no expert on financial matters and have no desire to be one. But isn’t that the kind of decidedly dodgy dealings the club are often accused of? Or is that normal business practice?
It didn't look great to be sure and you do wonder what the agreement was and whether the repayment was forced by FFP.

Most of the stuff revealed by Der Spiegel only showed one side and could be (and was) explained. But that was the one thing that caused my eyebrows to raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.