Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Martin Samuel fans on here...

He's had enough of Daily Mail.

Watch this space... Next stop The Times for double his dough:)

I estimate that will be closer to £1m a year!!!

Two columns a week - nice work if you can get it!!

Congrats to someone who always gives City a fair sheikh!
That's great for him, shame for us who don't have a Times subscription. As you say he has always been fair to City and fairness does not appear to be a common virtue amongst sports journalists when it comes to City.

You can become a registered user of The Times, which means they get your email address. But that allows you to access two articles each week. I've registered twice with two different email addresses.

I like Michael Atherton's writing about cricket, so that's mainly what I've used my free access for until now. But for those of us who are admirers of Big Martin, this should be a way to keep reading his output if that's going to be two columns per week.

Incidentally, I expect that Winter will remain Chief Football Writer. Samuel does touch on other sports at the Mail even though football is clearly his main thing, so presumably he'll be Chief Sports Writer or some such.

Well in view of the news about Martin Samuel leaving the mail, just what will there be worth viewing in it, apart from the advertising of thermal slippers and stairlifts ?
Don’t forget the corduroy trousers with an elasticated waste. I’d be lost without them!

So the Times have now regained Samuel as a football writer… presumably a well remunerated one which must come with a ‘chief’ or ‘head’ or ‘main’ name tag?

Which leaves Winter, ‘Chief football writer’ as what? ‘Chief of chiefs’?

Odd to have 2 ‘chiefs’ of football writing on just one media outlet, lots of money for 2 ‘names’, when you could have just one, and an army of lesser paid hardworking minions for the same outlay.
Maybe the times they are a-changin'.....(no pun intended :)) Always seems to be positive about City and states facts to show up the hypocrisy of the established cartels, not that the brainwashed sycophants will ever accept them. Good luck Martin and keep up the good work

Last edited:
You can become a registered user of The Times, which means they get your email address. But that allows you to access two articles each week. I've registered twice with two different email addresses.

I like Michael Atherton's writing about cricket, so that's mainly what I've used my free access for until now. But for those of us who are admirers of Big Martin, this should be a way to keep reading his output if that's going to be two columns per week.

Incidentally, I expect that Winter will remain Chief Football Writer. Samuel does touch on other sports at the Mail even though football is clearly his main thing, so presumably he'll be Chief Sports Writer or some such.
He’s not so big anymore either. Saw him on a podcast the other week and he looks like he’s lost the equivalent of Phil Foden, weight wise.

For Martin Samuel fans on here...

He's had enough of Daily Mail.

Watch this space... Next stop The Times for double his dough:)

I estimate that will be closer to £1m a year!!!

Two columns a week - nice work if you can get it!!

Congrats to someone who always gives City a fair sheikh!

Didn’t he leave the times to get the Mail gig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.