Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
two articls a week pick and choose sporting events all free
make me wish i'd listened to the geordie english teacher more lol i still wouldnt have a clue what he was on about
english = fail lol
Agreed..

I did all right academically but when I see stuff like some of the amounts people can get paid to write about the game they love, well now it makes one think about the choices that were on offer back then..

And as for 'careers advice', back in the late-60s the school adviser never said anything about how you might get a job involving sports journalism or one like, say, Stanley Tucci swanning around Italy tasting the food for the tv cameras..

As Yvonne Fair sang 'It should'a been me..!'

For Martin Samuel fans on here...

He's had enough of Daily Mail.

Watch this space... Next stop The Times for double his dough:)

I estimate that will be closer to £1m a year!!!

Two columns a week - nice work if you can get it!!

Congrats to someone who always gives City a fair sheikh!
The only reason needed to boycott that terrible publication forever.

You can become a registered user of The Times, which means they get your email address. But that allows you to access two articles each week. I've registered twice with two different email addresses.

I like Michael Atherton's writing about cricket, so that's mainly what I've used my free access for until now. But for those of us who are admirers of Big Martin, this should be a way to keep reading his output if that's going to be two columns per week.

Incidentally, I expect that Winter will remain Chief Football Writer. Samuel does touch on other sports at the Mail even though football is clearly his main thing, so presumably he'll be Chief Sports Writer or some such.
Cost of living crisis must be hitting bad in St P.

The only football bits in the sports section of the Times are seemingly all written by Jonathan Northcroft with bits by David Walsh and Alison Rudd. There is a definite red bias there as I put in an (unpublished) email to them a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
two articls a week pick and choose sporting events all free
make me wish i'd listened to the geordie english teacher more lol i still wouldnt have a clue what he was on about
english = fail lol
Samuels apart, you don't need any sort of education to become a journalist. Just got to be good at telling lies, making shit up and be a hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.