Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio XS Manchester are mentioning two incidents in their news bulletins. The girl with the head injury and an assault on Ashton New Road. Not blaming the feral rats though.
And there you have it. The other way around at Anfield and the Echo would have been all over it calling out City fans - guaranteed. Again the media just refuse point blank to even mention them regarding anything negative.

Here's one of them.....

What is he waffling about? Saying that the lack of VAR is understandable in the early rounds (which I agree with; you can't expect clubs in leagues 1 & 2 to shell out on the technology), but then he's calling for VAR to be used in the latter stages of the competition. So, he wants the competition to be played under two different sets of criteria then. Riiiight.

I'm sure VAR was used in the FA cup at Prem League grounds and not at lower lesgue grounds in the same season. Our win at Swansea was a example when Sergio scored.

I'm sure VAR was used in the FA cup at Prem League grounds and not at lower lesgue grounds in the same season. Our win at Swansea was a example when Sergio scored.
I stand corrected. But my argument still stands. If you can't have VAR at some grounds then, to try to level the playing field, it shouldn't be used at all in the competition.

Here's one of them.....

What is he waffling about? Saying that the lack of VAR is understandable in the early rounds (which I agree with; you can't expect clubs in leagues 1 & 2 to shell out on the technology), but then he's calling for VAR to be used in the latter stages of the competition. So, he wants the competition to be played under two different sets of criteria then. Riiiight.

If the boot was on the other foot and Liverpool scored a dodgy var goal (his opinion ) would he be sprouting off

God I'm a boring bastard on this subject but NW tonight had a moments general reference to the trouble last night. They gave the result of the match but nothing else no goals or even names of the scorers. Why do I suspect had the result been the other way we would have had a ten minute feature interview with Klopp etc. What is wrong with these people.

Not sure if a)this has been mentioned or b) I'm reading into it too much. But I'm pretty sure carragher said something like "what do you expect rodri, it's city v liverpool" after kne ofnthe times they snapped him. Then quickly backtracked. Not gonna help the easing of relations

Scousewashed.
A great description of how the Media sanitise or just completely ignore, all of the Liverpool FC and their fan's abhorrent actions.
When are the Media going to state where the flare and glass (that hit the poor young girl) were thrown from ?
It's absolutely ridiculous that the Club have not issued a statement of what is exactly being investigated and the location/stand where the events occurred...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.