Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was shocking. The amount of times Nedum and Shearer seemed to disagree with what she had to say, says it all really. She also didn't hide her dislike for us throughout the game at one point calling City arrogant.
She hates us so much that her giddyness for all things Arsenal got the better of her.
Classic tv her saying Arsenal could gain 3pts if Leeds beat us.

Absolute tv gold.

But what do you expect when all these sports media outlets bang the hate City drum.

Screenshot_20220201-121515_Photos.jpg

We are in their heads 24/7 and they can't handle it.

Last edited:
And that is the reality beneath all the hype. It makes great TV. Families all sat together, no away end, no obscene songs. It's like Strictly or the baking one.
Boring and bland as shit but it's sold as the new best thing.
If women's football had any similarity with these two pieces of over-hyped BBC shite I wouldn't be within miles of it. The games I see are women v women and as such it cannot generate the same emotions as the game I watched on Wednesday. It is different. There are some talented players, skilful, pacy, fearless, but it is women, and the pace, power and spectator entertainment doesn't match what can be seen in the first team, or the EDS or probably the U18s, but it's like a lot of modern day treatment, often by people who don't understand and have never spent a lifetime watching the game, just stuffing a studio telling us about 'the Emperor's new clothes! I enjoy it, but see two women's teams playing a game of football - nothing more and nothing less.

Arsenal ladies side, who are one of the best women's teams in Europe, played Arsenal's under 14's boys team as part of their preseason. I think they were beaten 5-0. Says it all really.
It was U15s and Arsenal are later to the party.

Women elite footballers can compete with boys up until about U17/U18 boys level. The likes of Barcelona, Lyons and Chelsea women have been pioneers of developing their own games in recent years. All 3 struggled initially against younger boys but now their games have evolved to the extent where they beat their respective U17s or U18s academy teams. Beyond u17/u18 the male physical advantages are too great.

The womens game (In my pov) will be equal to the mens without the pfysical side though. I see it going the direction of tennis where the women are as skilled but less powerful than the men. And there's a lot of intelligence in football, a lot more than previously required and I diont see why this generationn, all growing up playing footy from child to adult will be as good (If not as powerful)_ as the men. ]

Hanging your hat on "women cant beat boys" is just finding any reason to batter it.

I listened to an old Chelsea manager (women) speak on radio years ago suggesting that the women's game would look far better if the pitch and goals were smaller with possibly 80 min games. But she also said she got dogs abuse for suggesting it. I think that would be a great idea. I compare it to pro golf, if a woman played on the same tees as pro men, hardly any would go round under par and wouldn't be very watchable, but because they are on shorter tees it is as watchable as the men's pro game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.