Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The womens game (In my pov) will be equal to the mens without the pfysical side though. I see it going the direction of tennis where the women are as skilled but less powerful than the men. And there's a lot of intelligence in football, a lot more than previously required and I diont see why this generationn, all growing up playing footy from child to adult will be as good (If not as powerful)_ as the men. ]

Hanging your hat on "women cant beat boys" is just finding any reason to batter it.
I suppose that is mostly true. People forget that any sport is about competition. I can watch 10 year old football at the kids' school and enjoy it. Or academy football, or women's football. It's the competition between two evenly balanced sides that makes sport interesting.

But women's football is, and always be, a different sport to men's football. The football intelligence may be coached in, but without the physicality, there will never be an equivalence. As I said, though, that doesn't mean it can't be interesting at a sporting level.

As far as the influx of female pundits and commentators goes, I don't really get it. If we agree women's football is played at a lower level then I don't see how they can add much as experts. In the same way having a third division footballer talking about elite tactics won't add much. That said, I don't really care much as I don't listen anyway and most of the men don't contribute much to my understanding of the game either.

I get all my tactical knowledge right here, on Bluemoon. What more do I need? :)

And that is the reality beneath all the hype. It makes great TV. Families all sat together, no away end, no obscene songs. It's like Strictly or the baking one.
Boring and bland as shit but it's sold as the new best thing.
I don't mind at all watching the women play but it will never take the place of the men's game.

Not really a fan of women’s football but not liking it because they can’t beat boys ( young men effectively) is a strange argument.

A 16 year old boy recently ran a faster 100 metres than any woman in history. I highly doubt it has put any fan of track and field off watching women’s athletics.

The womens game (In my pov) will be equal to the mens without the pfysical side though. I see it going the direction of tennis where the women are as skilled but less powerful than the men. And there's a lot of intelligence in football, a lot more than previously required and I diont see why this generationn, all growing up playing footy from child to adult will be as good (If not as powerful)_ as the men. ]

Hanging your hat on "women cant beat boys" is just finding any reason to batter it.
Very similar to the development of womens professional golf. I remember watching them back in the 80’s at Mere and their average game was about as good as my best and nowhere near as good as a scratch amateur. You watch them today and they’re every bit as good as the men in all departments apart from power. Chipping, putting, bunker play, ball striking is all superb. I’d fully expect the technical levels of the womens game to improve along the same lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.