Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a fan of women’s football but not liking it because they can’t beat boys ( young men effectively) is a strange argument.

A 16 year old boy recently ran a faster 100 metres than any woman in history. I highly doubt it has put any fan of track and field off watching women’s athletics.
It's contemptible logic that doesn't stand up in any other walk of life.

'Donal Ryan is a great Irish novelist, therefore Anne Enright has nothing to say...?
"Van Halen is a fantastic American rock guitarist, therefore Bonnie Raitt can't be..?
"Tom Hardy is an award-winning English actor, therefore Helen Mirren must be shitr..?
"Jamie Redknapp is possessed of a shrewdly analytical footballing brain, therefore any woman's opinion on the game...?"

Spare me, ffs.

Look, if someone doesn't rate womens' football, that's their prerogative. There's no need to be a boorish twat about it; broadcastting to the world "that you're all enjoying football wrong".

Personally, I don't rate Aluko as an analyst. My opinion has nothing to do with her gender, ethnicity, or level of experience in the game (the latter of which far exceeds mine, btw). It's because I rarely find her remarks particularly instructive - oh, and she clearly hates City.

Alternatively though, some of the female analysts have been a breath of fresh air (particularly when they first came on the telly) insomuch as they actually talk(ed) about tactics (possibly because they feel obliged to demonstrate such knowledge?) far more than a lot of the boring boring men who share(d) the studio

"Even you'd have scored that pal" '
"Dunno, he didn't get many with his 'ead" - cue howls of laughter
"We'll be back for the second half after these messages..."

Yeah, you'd definitely have had to play at the highest level to truly understand that sort of "illuminating" guff.

One ladt thing:
Please, can we leave the small-dick-energy right-winger whining about box-ticking out of it, lads? It comes across as tiresomely insecure, not to say, remedial.

I think you're being kind with Conference level, the woman's game is more semi-pro/decent amateur at best

So It's like having a bloke from down the boozer as a pundit having some of these women on
Totally agree about Emma Hayes, she spot on, the rest are crap
Can’t be doing with Hayes, she prattles on too much.

Reactions: PPT
1M1qHM2.jpg
The thing about that commentary team was there was Peter Drury & Ally McCoist on commentary, which is about the best combination you can get these days, with Shearer, Ned and her on pundit duties. Nedum was brilliant, Shearer can sometimes be insightful but she's a complete and utter waste of space.

Last edited:
The thing about that commentary team was there was Peter Drury & Ally McCoist on commentary, which is about the best combination you can get these days, with Shearer, Ned and her on pundit duties. Ned i'm was brilliant, Shearer can sometimes be insightful but she's a complete and utter waste of space.

They always need a comedian on the panel and to be fair she’s hilarious

With regards Aluko, she's as shit as Jenas, Redknapp, Murphy, Morrison, Merson...the list goes on. They're all shite.

It's undeniable that there's a huge drive for diversity in pretty much everything nowadays. That I'm sure any rational person wouldn't argue against.

If someone, however, proves to be absolutely shite at their job regardless as to why they have it then they're fair game to be told to fuck off in my opinion.

Without folk making it about anything else.

So Aluko, Jenas, Redknapp, Murphy, Morrison, Merson etc can fuck right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.