Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree. If Arsenal were to win then despite the disappointment for us it is all a part of what football can bring. They would quite rightly be lauded for a magnificent achievement but apart from Samuel, virtually no other journalist has lauded our achievements over the last decade
And never will. Pep revolutionising football at every level, inverted fullbacks, false nine etc will undoubtedly be remembered as achievements of Fat Sam, Colin Wanker and Harry Basset. Christ even my Village footy side are trying to play out from the back now.
I am confident Pep will reinvigorate us, either this season or next. The most compelling sport embraces competition and our owners are not going to expand our capacity without eyes on all the top prizes. Keep the faith

Jesus fucking christ, the idea of Haaland (27 goals in 24 games) being a detriment for Man City is insanity.

When you sell your soul you'll write what you're told.....

It would be marvellous if Arsenal proved you can’t just buy the title​

Martin Samuel, Monday January 16 2023, 8.00am, The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...a?shareToken=887ddeac8a80d773b7276eedc3240363

......"As for City, they can be a sensitive bunch, seeing conspiracies and partiality where often none exists. To avoid rancour, if Arsenal do win the league, then think of it like this. An Arsenal triumph would put into perspective what an achievement those four titles in five years were."

Could he be any more patronising?
i always thought martin samuel was a balanced writer but agree hes quite patronising..... also wheres this narrative about arsenals winning it without spending money. Arteta has spent near 400 million funny enough its about the same klopp and pep spent to win it. But im really fed up of the narrative. arent they alongside chelsea and united the biggest spenders in europe since arteta took the job

Jesus fucking christ, the idea of Haaland (27 goals in 24 games) being a detriment for Man City is insanity.

A better question would be: "How many points has Haaland won us this season with his goals?" The team is jaded and we have had quite a few tight wins. Without Erling we would be in a worse position. There is nothing to suggest Foden or Alvarez would have stepped up in his absence with 20 plus goals. It is the sort of tired narrative you see from people who don't actually attend our matches. I think Bernardo could have easily slipped Haaland in for two, perhaps three goals on Saturday because Erling had made great runs but Bernie (who was poor) played an easy backwards or sideways pass. Just a chip over the top would have seen Haaland one on one with Luke Shaw (no contest). Pep will sort this eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.