Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better question would be: "How many points has Haaland won us this season with his goals?" The team is jaded and we have had quite a few tight wins. Without Erling we would be in a worse position. There is nothing to suggest Foden or Alvarez would have stepped up in his absence with 20 plus goals. It is the sort of tired narrative you see from people who don't actually attend our matches. I think Bernardo could have easily slipped Haaland in for two, perhaps three goals on Saturday because Erling had made great runs but Bernie (who was poor) played an easy backwards or sideways pass. Just a chip over the top would have seen Haaland one on one with Luke Shaw (no contest). Pep will sort this eventually.
hes been a huge importance to us. This narrative regarding haaland making us worse is nonsence. Remind me a little of the PEP CANT PLAY TIKA TAKA HERE nonsence they spouted in his first league campaign that ended up in the bin in the second season didnt it lol. The haaland narrative will also end up in the bin too and it will be back to it being unfair again. I think our midfield is greatly off form which is affecting everything essential there only really rodri whos got any form right now bernie gundo kev seem our of sorts and its contributing to our lack of points and winning. But i dont doubt pep will find the solution

hes been a huge importance to us. This narrative regarding haaland making us worse is nonsence. Remind me a little of the PEP CANT PLAY TIKA TAKA HERE nonsence they spouted in his first league campaign that ended up in the bin in the second season didnt it lol. The haaland narrative will also end up in the bin too and it will be back to it being unfair again. I think our midfield is greatly off form which is affecting everything essential there only really rodri whos got any form right now bernie gundo kev seem our of sorts and its contributing to our lack of points and winning. But i dont doubt pep will find the solution
Agree with the midfield point. Rodri carried them all on Saturday and tried to get forward. I also think we really miss Stones because he is the best at coming out and playing direct fast passes into the front players. He links it all up in a way the other centre backs do not. We are a different team with Stones.

Agree with the midfield point. Rodri carried them all on Saturday and tried to get forward. I also think we really miss Stones because he is the best at coming out and playing direct fast passes into the front players. He links it all up in a way the other centre backs do not. We are a different team with Stones.
i think were missing dias and stones personally. I think not being able to have esentially our best back line all season because of injuries is whats causing pep a major issue because its resulting in him esentially having to experiment with the back line.

Injuries: Laporte (may-october) Stones (september - Novemberish) Walker (october - post world cup) Dias (post world cup - now) Stones again.

this has for me resulted in pep having to play rico (whos been amazing) akanji, stones cancelo all at right back.... ake at lb. That inconsitency will likley have an impact on the team for ederson will be impacted so will the midfield and forwards because its all different formations and different players in there. Weve seen the impact its had on cancelo to some extent.

A better question would be: "How many points has Haaland won us this season with his goals?" The team is jaded and we have had quite a few tight wins. Without Erling we would be in a worse position. There is nothing to suggest Foden or Alvarez would have stepped up in his absence with 20 plus goals. It is the sort of tired narrative you see from people who don't actually attend our matches. I think Bernardo could have easily slipped Haaland in for two, perhaps three goals on Saturday because Erling had made great runs but Bernie (who was poor) played an easy backwards or sideways pass. Just a chip over the top would have seen Haaland one on one with Luke Shaw (no contest). Pep will sort this eventually.
Yes, we could do with taking a few chances on such through passes for Haaland to power on to, mix things up a bit more.. could make all the difference when we're up against 10 men behind the ball every bloody game, like on Saturday.

As for the media, I see the 'Grauniad's' round up column '10 Interesting Points From The Weekend' completely ignores the many issues that fall out of that despicable, incompetent decision to allow The Red Filth's equalising 'goal' (it shall evermore be in inverted commas as far as I'm concerned, for a goal it certainly was not)

Clearly, the potential implications of that farcical decision for every club up and down the land aren't worth the mither of a mention, let alone a discussion..

And I suppose we shall have to be patient and wait until a similar 'goal' is 'scored' against one of the Red Cartel in similar circumstances before a campaign of outrage is mounted by the partial UK sports press to right the injustice and ensure that yet another updated iteration of the offside law is foisted upon the rest of us to confuse us ever more..

Yes, we could do with taking a few chances on such through passes for Haaland to power on to, mix things up a bit more.. could make all the difference when we're up against 10 men behind the ball every bloody game, like on Saturday.

As for the media, I see the 'Grauniad's' round up column '10 Interesting Points From The Weekend' completely ignores the many issues that fall out of that despicable, incompetent decision to allow The Red Filth's equalising 'goal' (it shall evermore be in inverted commas as far as I'm concerned, for a goal it certainly was not)

Clearly, the potential implications of that farcical decision for every club up and down the land aren't worth the mither of a mention, let alone a discussion..

And I suppose we shall have to be patient and wait until a similar 'goal' is 'scored' against one of the Red Cartel in similar circumstances before a campaign of outrage is mounted by the partial UK sports press to right the injustice and ensure that yet another updated iteration of the offside law is foisted upon the rest of us to confuse us ever more..
If that had of been rags against dippers would it have been allowed to stand. And what would have been the media's reaction to the decision.

If that had of been rags against dippers would it have been allowed to stand. And what would have been the media's reaction to the decision.
I think we all know the answer!

Saturday's debacle of a decision was the third time this season The Red Filth benefited from dodgy VAR decisions in the 'big' games at their gaff; Rashford's goal against Liverpool was offside, while Martinelli's goal for Arsenal was incorrectly chalked off.

Even in the 'Red Cartel' one must know one's place in the scheme of things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.