Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWsloviXkAID06q

Why was Luke Shaw serenading Ronaldo?

When you sell your soul you'll write what you're told.....

It would be marvellous if Arsenal proved you can’t just buy the title​

Martin Samuel, Monday January 16 2023, 8.00am, The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...a?shareToken=887ddeac8a80d773b7276eedc3240363

......"As for City, they can be a sensitive bunch, seeing conspiracies and partiality where often none exists. To avoid rancour, if Arsenal do win the league, then think of it like this. An Arsenal triumph would put into perspective what an achievement those four titles in five years were."

Could he be any more patronising?
I’ve read that very differently. I think he’s saying whatever the preconceptions are, you cannot ‘buy the title‘ you have to have “fine football, fine coaching and fine recruitment“ whatever you spend. Therefore 4/5 titles is a huge achievement and it shouldn’t therefore ever be badged as ‘being bought’.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...a?shareToken=887ddeac8a80d773b7276eedc3240363

......"As for City, they can be a sensitive bunch, seeing conspiracies and partiality where often none exists. To avoid rancour, if Arsenal do win the league, then think of it like this. An Arsenal triumph would put into perspective what an achievement those four titles in five years were."

As per our own BlueCityBrain

401420F0-7D8B-4E53-89A7-AA592E551CA2.jpeg
Arsenal (and united) buying the title since…

Only Chelsea (now) and United above them. Ahh, the romance of the little underdog with no resources.

NetSp.jpg

It would be marvellous if Arsenal proved you can’t just buy the title

Did we give 'em Arteta, Zinky 'n Jesus for nowt?

Damn, beaten to it :)
Heh… though interestingly, you could start nodding in agreement with Klopp about inability to compete against mega spending clubs when looking at that chart…
And then you look further down and realise ‘unlimited spending’ City have spent diddly in comparison.
And then you look at Brentford and Brighton, and how can Klopp compete with their free wheeling spending…

West Ham look a bit screwed if they do not stay up.

I’ve read that very differently. I think he’s saying whatever the preconceptions are, you cannot ‘buy the title‘ you have to have “fine football, fine coaching and fine recruitment“ whatever you spend. Therefore 4/5 titles is a huge achievement and it shouldn’t therefore ever be badged as ‘being bought’.

He's being disingenuous, sprinkling that sentence into the article is a sop, it does not disguise nor undermine its overall intention.

Yes I agree. If Arsenal were to win then despite the disappointment for us it is all a part of what football can bring. They would quite rightly be lauded for a magnificent achievement but apart from Samuel, virtually no other journalist has lauded our achievements over the last decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.