Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe last year Newcastle weren’t in the picture, so it was only nasty upstart City that spoiled the red vision of nirvana, this year Newcastle have performed better/earlier than expected, so it’s getting imperative to react to their nightmare scenario of no red teams
So the best way of stopping Newcastle is attacking City?

Why are Newcastle getting a relatively easy ride in the press if what you say is the case?

S'funny that when we beat a team the DT can manage to shove a rugby article on Page 2 and shove the only game on last night to P4. We got a graphic of Nathan running into the corner to celebrate on the front but had it been an Arse goal there would have been an Islington Sports supplement into the sports section. All part of the attempt to downgrade anything we achieve. Liverpool, CFC and now the Arse all tumbled out of cups, and we make P4. Laughable.

I think ‘needs’ is hugely overstating it. Prefers, sure.

And ‘the brand‘ is stronger than ever, so that argument doesn’t currently hold much water.

What’s your reasoning behind the tipping point being now, rather than, say, a year ago?
The tipping point for me is they way the world is currently, as we know business everywhere is affected by the current financial situation

With this in mind new impotuous is required and for the EPL they will look to their biggest assets for that Utd and Liverpool, now more than ever they need the glory clubs back to push their brand on

So the best way of stopping Newcastle is attacking City?

Why are Newcastle getting a relatively easy ride in the press if what you say is the case?
We're gonna have to wait until NUFC actually win summat. We weren't subjected to all the shite that's come our way until we won a trophy and denied their chosen teams another piece of silverware. Let's wait until one of the historical TopFour, Five or Six, depending how low down the redshirts go, end up in the Europa League and not the CL and NUFC do - then they will be getting the same shite we've had for the best part of a decade. They started off laughing at us when Robinho signed, and then three years later we were Champions. It pissed 'em off no end, and so the state-owned, sportswashing, FFP dodging club never received anything like the accolades for playing the kind of football the PL had never seen before. Wait till NUFC get among the silverware!

I think ‘needs’ is hugely overstating it. Prefers, sure.

And ‘the brand‘ is stronger than ever, so that argument doesn’t currently hold much water.

What’s your reasoning behind the tipping point being now, rather than, say, a year ago?
It is stronger than ever, because the football we have played drags those people in from all over the world who aren't drenched in the RDAHMeedya vomit that spews out of the broadcasters everytime a red shirt wins a game! I once met a Rangers fan who asked who I supported and when I told him City he said "Oh, I love the way City play!". Sez it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.