Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ‘needs’ is hugely overstating it. Prefers, sure.

And ‘the brand‘ is stronger than ever, so that argument doesn’t currently hold much water.

What’s your reasoning behind the tipping point being now, rather than, say, a year ago?

I think they have flawed analysis or market research. You hear repeated the league needs a strong Rag, Dipper Arsenal but as you say that’s not true. Maybe their data is saying they are making record revenues but missing out on even higher revenues due to apathy from a large section.

Having listened to more marketing, brand management bullshit to last a life time that’s been responsible for poor results & strategy I’d guess it’s that. I’d imagine it’s coming from those that need looking after, Rags & Dippers.

We're gonna have to wait until NUFC actually win summat. We weren't subjected to all the shite that's come our way until we won a trophy and denied their chosen teams another piece of silverware. Let's wait until one of the historical TopFour, Five or Six, depending how low down the redshirts go, end up in the Europa League and not the CL and NUFC do - then they will be getting the same shite we've had for the best part of a decade. They started off laughing at us when Robinho signed, and then three years later we were Champions. It pissed 'em off no end, and so the state-owned, sportswashing, FFP dodging club never received anything like the accolades for playing the kind of football the PL had never seen before. Wait till NUFC get among the silverware!

They were too busy laughing at us, noisy neighbours, not in my lifetime, you can’t buy success.

Newcastles “honeymoon period” with the media after their take over has not lasted as long as ours did. When we were first taken over I don’t think it registered with the hypocritical red loving media that the “comedy club” might be a threat to their darlings.

As soon as Newcastle win their first trophy or deprive the medias sweethearts a champions league place the media will really go for them.

We're gonna have to wait until NUFC actually win summat. We weren't subjected to all the shite that's come our way until we won a trophy and denied their chosen teams another piece of silverware. Let's wait until one of the historical TopFour, Five or Six, depending how low down the redshirts go, end up in the Europa League and not the CL and NUFC do - then they will be getting the same shite we've had for the best part of a decade. They started off laughing at us when Robinho signed, and then three years later we were Champions. It pissed 'em off no end, and so the state-owned, sportswashing, FFP dodging club never received anything like the accolades for playing the kind of football the PL had never seen before. Wait till NUFC get among the silverware!
We're gonna have to wait until NUFC actually win summat

Early Spring hopefully

because they didnt have some prick come on tv after the takeover and say were buying every top player
city soon got shut of him but the damage was done

Bollocks. It's nothing to do with that.
Newcastle have the Keegan/Robson romanticism thing which means large swathes of the media adored them before their takeover.

I think they have flawed analysis or market research. You hear repeated the league needs a strong Rag, Dipper Arsenal but as you say that’s not true. Maybe their data is saying they are making record revenues but missing out on even higher revenues due to apathy from a large section.

Having listened to more marketing, brand management bullshit to last a life time that’s been responsible for poor results & strategy I’d guess it’s that. I’d imagine it’s coming from those that need looking after, Rags & Dippers.

I also think that fear plays a part. Historically, united and liverpool may have been their biggest draws and, let's face it, the "stars" of Sky football coverage have been drawn largely from those two clubs. Neville and Carragher for example have gained an influence in the media, and game, far beyond the level their obvious bias deserves.

Given that, and given that Sky's flagship product is Premier League football, it would come as no surprise if Sky's biggest fear is a devaluation of the product by the withdrawal of the PL's biggest clubs. And withdrawal has always been the nuclear option that united and liverpool have wielded over football for the last 40 years to get their own way, the ESL being just the latest example. The threat may have diminished but it is still there hovering over Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.