Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also not very bright, although amazingly I've seen numerous claims to the contrary. I've never thought him in any way smart, but I've been living outside the UK ever since he started on talkSPORT so wondered if I might be missing something. To make that assessment, I've been monitoring for quite a while those clips that the station put out on social media to showcase what are presumably considered his more pertinent comments.

I'm glad to say I've been conclusively vindicated in my original view. His ability to construct any kind of reasoned argument is manifestly pitiable. However, even though being marginally more eloquent than the station's other pundits is really no kind of qualification, some people seem to regard him as well spoken, with an impressive vocabulary.

This notion is bollocks, as well, not least because when he tries to deploy what are big words by talkSPORT standards, he frequently misuses them. For instance, the last time I looked at one of those short videos of him making a point, he used 'patronage' as a verb. That's not indicative of someone who's articulate in any way (the word you were groping for ineffectually, Simon, was 'patronize', in the sense of being a regular customer). All this shows him up as someone who's trying desperately to look clever but is really an impostor, lacking any genuine intellectual prowess.

That's to say nothing of the fact that he's risibly proclaimed an expert in the off-field side of football when his credentials involve inept blundering to lead Crystal Palace into an insolvency event. Only in the British sports media could a demonstrable clown and weapons-grade **** like this be held up as a paragon of informed intelligence.
Love that summary as I can't stand him. I bet he would appoint similar slimy pillocks whenever in charge too and produce a really toxic culture.

i was just about to post something similar. The demise of the great British bommy is a sad loss to the culture. It was the most exciting month of the year, up there with Christmas and summer holidays.
Do keep up in the cheap seats - It's "the Winter holidays" and Summer vacation" now ffs!

Yep, I agree, but I can't recall any player getting more than a 6 year contract before. UEFA are closing that particular goal but they should have preempted this and only allow the 5 year amortisation they are bringing in. All the big wigs who have continuously tried to shaft us have failed with this one but Chelsea could hugely regret this policy.
I really don't have a problem with Chelsea dishing out long contracts to be honest. They have been smart enough to find a loophole in the FFP rules that were designed to stop the likes of them and us and have jumped right through it. Good for them. If we had done it instead, we would all be on here hailing it as a stroke of genius - and why not? The FFP rules are a total abomination and have been put in place to try and protect the cartel clubs and for no other reason. If someone is smart enough and brave enough to legally get round them - then it's fine by me.

I really don't have a problem with Chelsea dishing out long contracts to be honest. They have been smart enough to find a loophole in the FFP rules that were designed to stop the likes of them and us and have jumped right through it. Good for them. If we had done it instead, we would all be on here hailing it as a stroke of genius - and why not? The FFP rules are a total abomination and have been put in place to try and protect the cartel clubs and for no other reason. If someone is smart enough and brave enough to legally get round them - then it's fine by me.

My thoughts entirely, Association rules football has existed for well over a 100 years and survived without Financial Fair Play rules. It’s no coincidence this was brought in when the top two most successful clubs in English football felt threatened by new money challenging their status quo.

3 positive and gushing articles in the Daily Mail about Chelsea signing Enzo Fernandez for £107mill.

Contrast and compare to when City signed Grealish and the shit storm that followed.
Sure didn’t Pep have to come out in a press conference and explain to the media cunts how we funded the Grealish transfer by selling academy players.

The spotlight on City is nauseating & hateful. All because we managed to do what they all dreaded…mainly reaching their level using the commercial appeal of the premier league and setting up a world class academy. Those two things along with a rich owner allowed us to reach and stay at the top. Once the establishment deemed that city were not a rich plaything the knives came out.

Our biggest problem is those who control the media narrative have a vested interest to keep the rags/scousers on top. How we overcome this particular problem is not clear.

Last edited:

The only annoying thing is that we haven’t done it. How come no-one running City was smart enough to find this loophole?

Perhaps if they had we could have signed a left back this window and maybe even Bellingham or a fast winger so we had a chance of overtaking Arsenal and keeping those rag cunts from getting too close for comfort, which is criminal when you consider how shit they were for most of the home derby this season.

Reactions: PPT
My thoughts entirely, Association rules football has existed for well over a 100 years and survived without Financial Fair Play rules. It’s no coincidence this was brought in when the top two most successful clubs in English football felt threatened by new money challenging their status quo.

I don’t agree with FFP either, at least in its current guise - it’s not set up for protection of
clubs at all. It’s worth remembering that there were quite a few financial rules in place up to the eighties that then got scrapped too though (again at the behest of the top few clubs) that did have a big impact on some clubs subsequent ability to survive.

We have been amortizing contracts but just over a shorter period of time, i think 6 years for Grealish is the longest, but we still get the FFP, oil money, shit thrown at us!

As said by many on here and i truly believe it, American/white money is seen as superior to Middle Eastern/brown money, especially among the media in this country.

The only annoying thing is that we haven’t done it. How come no-one running City was smart enough to find this loophole?

Perhaps if they had we could have signed a left back this window and maybe even Bellingham or a fast winger so we had a chance of overtaking Arsenal and keeping those rag cunts from getting too close for comfort, which is criminal when you consider how shit they were for most of the home derby this season.

It’s not a loophole many would choose to utilise, it’s a huge risk from Chelsea that could really screw them over long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.