Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching MoTD and Vicky Sparks commentating on Fulham v Forest has just said “Fulham have not scored in the last three games” and then added in a sort of serious tone “… and no wins in those games either”.

Quality!
Aye, but be careful not to criticise her because some on here think it's misogynistic!! Just as bad as Enni Aluko and her Diane Abbot esq maths. She's horrible to listen to and for balance so was the BT male commentator who did the West Ham game, as someone pointed out he sounded like Alan Partridge.

none of these newspapers are our “Friends” everyone of em wether politicaly right/left they all have it in for us, the only Journalist who doesn’t and is completely fair & balanced is Martin Samuel in The Times if your expecting a favourable coverage from these rags if you like the Guardian/Mirror or the Mail/Express for examples due to your political ideology then your out of luck, the only thing that can bridge the gap between the Left & Right in national newspapers in this divided nation nowerdays is their mutual hatred of us

yer right, we should all read that bastion of truth the guardian...power to the peeeeeple!!
The Manchester Guardian in its early days, later just the Guardian colloquially named the "Grauinad" by Private Eye was my paper of choice when I travelled on buses to my work in the late 70's/early 80's. It was informative, no sports bias, a bit left wing but countered the Times and the Telegraph on politics.

I particularly liked the non cryptic crosswords (my brain has never worked those clues out) and Steve Bell's contemporary cartoons. Seems it's descended into a shit show of non thought provoking click bait for the Facebook generation, with a very bitter anti City culture within the Sports Desk, not read it it for donkey's and doubt I ever will.

What a shame a publication pioneered in our great City has become enveloped by the snide, shit throwing media that hates the only team that resides in Manchester.

none of these newspapers are our “Friends” everyone of em wether politicaly right/left they all have it in for us, the only Journalist who doesn’t and is completely fair & balanced is Martin Samuel in The Times if your expecting a favourable coverage from these rags if you like the Guardian/Mirror or the Mail/Express for examples due to your political ideology then your out of luck, the only thing that can bridge the gap between the Left & Right in national newspapers in this divided nation nowerdays is their mutual hatred of us
Jack Gaughan is the only Journo assigned to City games and news I trust and think he does a great job. He’s fair, bigs us up when we deserve it and doesn’t sugarcoat it when we don’t, and his news on us is usually of interest to blues. Samuel is the only neutral leading light.

The floppy haired **** lying again.

He knows full well City aren’t owned by a nation state. He knows City are owned by Sheikh Mansour and Silver Lake. And since UEFA and the (bastard) PL implemented FFP, City have had to comply with it, meaning City can only spend money the club generates.

Holt, you’re a fucking liar?

View attachment 68848

Anybody who thinks Abu Dhabi is a nation state shows themselves to be thick enough for their views not to be taken seriously. It's an emirate, meaning it's a constituent entity of the nation state that's the United Arab Emirates, and no more a nation state in its own right than California or Bavaria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.