Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

''Premier League's timing of Man City financial charges adds another puzzling element''

The article focuses too much on ''What if City are guilty but win the league'' than the alternative for my liking. But overall, there appears to have been shift to a more balanced approach in reporting since Monday's hysteria. Either City are cracking heads behind the scenes, or the media have seen the cards the PL are holding and are now hedging their bets.

Would like to think we have a load of shit on the other clubs and promised some titbits of it!

Very much doubt though we have anything on other clubs that would be wow!

Why So Etiglad in Sun today...Phil Thomas column full page in centre pullout.

Magnificent.

Am I sensing a change in attitude?

Wonder if the press have seen which way the wind is blowing and some would quite like to be on the inside.

I would like to think that Peps sticking up for us has led to a few (not enough) more considered responses rather than the usual biased nonsense.

Perhaps a lesson for City’s PR Dept (if we have one) that if you actually fight back the bullies have a problem.

Why So Etiglad in Sun today...Phil Thomas column full page in centre pullout.

Magnificent.

Maybe the press are finally waking up and realising that we may not actually be guilty of anything and we may now actually be in a position to finally, once and for all, clear our name..

What then for the hoards who have been slagging us off for years ?

After this week, maybe they're now thinking it's time for them to start hedging their bets a little and get on side with us a bit more.

Articles like this are refreshing and reading comments by other posters on here are very well received.

However, we shouldn't have to be surprised, shocked and gob smacked when we read good stuff about us but the reality is that we've had so few positive stories about us that's exactly how it makes you feel..

Positive media regarding our club has been as scarce as a picture of Lord Lucan riding Shergar down Market Street at 1 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon..

Funny now that the gloves are off, people are beginning to say a few nice things about us.

Well my (new) friends, where have you been for the last 15 years ?

It's all a bit too little too late..

I understand you have to start somewhere, when the crap stops and the plaudits start, maybe this week is the stating point?

However, for me, the bile, shit, hatred, jealousy and damn right lies that these so called journalists have heaped on our club year in, year out should never be forgotten..

Friendship has to be earned and what's completely certain here, over the last decade and a half, is that we have no friends..

Once we've cleared out name, I sincerely hope that we revisit a few of these newspaper and media outlets and take large chunks of money off them in compensation in return for them doing their utmost to ruin the good name of Manchester City..!

Seems fair to me and if this happens and we sue their arses off, once the monies have cleared our account, we can then think maybe about talking about building a friendship up.

Until then, they can all fcuk right off for me..!

They are taking the piss...right next to the apology is the fxcking article for everyone to read..So smirkish the way its written..

logo

Erling Haaland - a correction

Erling Haaland is not looking to leave Manchester City (Image: GETTY)

We further reported claims that Haaland had not ‘tuned in’ to Pep Guardiola’s methods and that the possibility of sanctions being imposed on Manchester City for financial irregularities were playing on his mind.
We have since been informed by representatives of Mr Haaland that these claims are untrue. We have withdrawn the article and are happy to correct the record.
Erling HaalandManchester City FC

Comments Unavailab​

Most read in Football​

Hi fella, if you have screenshots showing that the original article was still available right next to the retraction then you could send that to the Press Complaints Commission?

From what you posted it looks like the retracted article was not only still available but was even being advertised as a 'Most Read' article. The PCC should be all over this.

''Premier League's timing of Man City financial charges adds another puzzling element''

The article focuses too much on ''What if City are guilty but win the league'' than the alternative for my liking. But overall, there appears to have been shift to a more balanced approach in reporting since Monday's hysteria. Either City are cracking heads behind the scenes, or the media have seen the cards the PL are holding and are now hedging their bets.

I said yesterday that I get the feeling the PL are trying to downgrade the crazy expectations that were flying around the press all week. Either because City have told them to, or because they, the PL themselves, know the things that we're being shouted from the rooftops just weren't going to happen. We will never know I suppose, but it's a thought. Apart from the first few questions in the press conference, it wasn't at all aggressive, and the other managers keeping schtum is all very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.