Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this for us 'non-Twitterati' to read Maly.

This t*sser crawled out from under his rock again? Two observations:

Regarding the crowd last Sunday, I stand to be corrected but no, I didn't hear our supporters singing that about 'cheating when we want'. My family/friends and I were in our seats long before kick-off and I don't recall this.

More importantly, as far as his snide jibe about our 'unremarkable history' is concerned, well let me tell this snivelling apology for a 'journalist' that he can take all the collective trophies won by our rivals with 'remarkable histories' down the decades since the Football League was first started and set them on the scales; then he can take the Manchester City team's refusal to kow-tow to officials and (unlike the England team a year later) perform the Nazi salute prior to playing a German Select XI at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin in 1937 and set that single fact on the opposite end of the scales; and you know which will weigh more important? and which one I'd rather have in the history of my club?

I'd have my club standing up to bullies (just as my Old Man and uncles did barely a few years later, only this time for real..) any day of the week ahead of all the glory pots you could offer.

Scribblers like this idiot and equally idiotic fans of other clubs who bang on about 'history' and, yes, even 'morality' know 9/10ths of 7/8ths of 2/3rds of f**k all when it comes to 'history' in any field, let alone my club.

They should take a long hard look at their own clubs before, as 'Our Vinnie' suggested the other day, casting any stones..
Bravo

"The fans were singing X" is (most of the time) such a snide trick in football journalism. It can encompass anything from a couple dozen people once, or thousands of fans persistently and clearly for several minutes. Without ever explicitly saying so, they always imply the latter but its usually the former if it's anything at all. The same goes for booing silences or whatever.

I haven’t seen any of the hacks in the media highlight the Aston Villa fans started chanting during the minute’s applause on Sunday. If that had happened the other way round it would have been included in reports on the game.

Tariq the prick is at it again writing about God’s own

View attachment 69226
I’d actually suggest that our history is extremely remarkable & extremely atypical of what most football clubs or fans go through (not saying we’re special but we’re a little bit ‘different’ with what we’ve experienced)

View attachment 69227
No idea if this is a truth or a lie, did anyone actually sing this at the weekend as I didn’t hear it?
This **** clearly knows fuck all about football history if he thinks ours is unremarkable. It’s as remarkable as any other club.

Even if he’s basing it on the pitifully simplistic metric of trophies then he’s saying that over 90% of English clubs (including as at 2008, Leeds, Preston and West Ham) have unremarkable histories. What an ignorant and arrogant view to hold.

The **** is a fucking fraud.

Last edited:
This **** clearly knows fuck all about football history if he thinks ours in unremarkable. It’s as remarkable as any other club.

Even if he’s basing it on the pitifully simplistic matrix of trophies then he’s saying that over 90% of English clubs (including as at 2008, Leeds, Preston and West Ham) have unremarkable histories. What an ignorant and arrogant view to hold.

The **** is a fucking fraud.

Preston were seen as the most successful club in the country at one point. Where are they now? It’s worth noting that the majority of United’s and Liverpool’s trophy hauls were within a 20 year window. United had a similar trophy count to City before Peter Swales crashed City into a wall.

I worried about Tariq for a moment, then I realised he had scorned ex-girlfriend Leterme helping him and it was another of his colour by numbers articles about us.

Perhaps he just 'ran out of time' to ask Leterme about when he fucked up the investigation into PSG?

Apparently Simon Jordan made a comment about club valuations that:

United are The Beatles
Liverpool are The Rolling Stones
City are Roxy Music

Umm Simon.. ok lets take you at your evaluation that if the Rags are the Beatles and Dippers the Rolling Stones..

There's a new kid on the block from overseas Simon:

LwrQDCNmCZxH2HWGQQWwpA-1200-80.jpg

Apparently Simon Jordan made a comment about club valuations that:

United are The Beatles
Liverpool are The Rolling Stones
City are Roxy Music

Umm Simon.. ok lets take you at your evaluation that if the Rags are the Beatles and Dippers the Rolling Stones..

There's a new kid on the block from overseas Simon:

LwrQDCNmCZxH2HWGQQWwpA-1200-80.jpg
So we're banging Jerry Hall by his logic?

Unfortunately, he's somehow landed himself a gig writing for an internationally renowned paper in the New York Times, so plenty of people will.

Panja's just an arsehole.

First of all, he produces an article citing Yves Leterme as a source. Leterme made an absolute balls-up of the initial Investigatory Chamber probe into City. His handling of the PSG case was so laughable that UEFA ended up appealing against its own decision. His chequered political career in Belgium involved a resignation as PM for his handling of a banking scandal. Given City's public criticism of him after the UEFA proceedings, he clearly as an axe to grind.

The fact that Panja thinks Leterme's opinion is worth anything at all says much more about Panja than it does about the case.

Your point above about our history is absolutely spot on. And if we did sing what's attributed to us (and I've no idea, having not been there), given that most Blues would trust MCFC when our execs say the club will be vindicated, it's quite clearly a joke. No surprise that he can't tell, though, the humourless fucking vacuum of talent!

I just read that piece, and wow. I mean, it'll be years before anyone writes something quite that one-sided about us. Almost ironic that it wasn't in a British rag but has landed at the NYT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.