Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Migeul Delaney about the concept of sportswashing. He said it was about influence (and negative publicity that buying a club brings is irrelevant). When asked about Middle Eastern investments in other industries he copped out by saying you would have to take it up with other journalists.

What are your thoughts on the following exchange:

Me: I'd appreciate your thoughts on the following: Surely the concept of "sportswashing" is a misnomer, particularly as buying a football club attracts significant negative publicity. Also, why is sport singled out over other Middle Eastern investments? For example, why isn't this "science washing": UAE to invest £10 billion in priority UK industries (including science).

Delaney's response: "People confuse the term. It's not about image. It's about influence. And there's little as influential as buying clubs. As regards other fields, you'd have to take it up with journlaists there"
Who the fuck is that thick **** to appropriate the term?

Always thought Silly Sally was a Rag.
Having said that Rags and Dippers are basically two cheeks of the same arse so I can understand why she's so salty.

She's from the Wirral, and is pretty much Liverpool, I think.
I think her daftness for MU is entirely down to having snagged the first Rashford interview - I think it's him not the club.

She's from the Wirral, and is pretty much Liverpool, I think.
I think her daftness for MU is entirely down to having snagged the first Rashford interview - I think it's him not the club.
I was very disappointed when she got the Pep interview. Surprised he didn't screw up his contract, she's useless.

All this talk of 'influence' hmm...

If you invest literally billions into a country that is starved of investment, the chances are you will gain some influence, especially when the Government of that country comprises crooks who believe in 'free market' capitalism and lavish backhanders.

Does anyone seriously believe that the Government thinks: 'Wow, Sheikh Mansour has bought Manchester City. We'll have to listen to the UAE now, they've taken control of the country's prime asset.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.