Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
City win tonight glossed over within a minute, City draw tonight meh, possibly a couple of minutes, City lose tonight, hold the back pages talksport phone in City crisis, happy faces on BBC breakfast time Thursday morning. Or am I being paranoid?
Remember years ago when City were in crisis they would always publish a picture of a City badge cracked in half.

Anyone who has enough money to buy the rags has that money because they don't waste money and our very intelligent business people. Anyone think they are in it to not make money long term is deluded yes they might invest in the stadium surrounding areas and team but they know they will get double there investment when they go to sell. Our owners might have spent about £2billion on us but they know there assets are worth double that not to mention all there investments round the city.

I have taken a magnifying glass to the front page of the DT and there's not a word about the game at Anfield last night. Oh, hang on a mo, it's writ large in the sports section. Now that the Rags look as though they have shed their comedy act the RDAHMeedya will soon become the RAHMeedya. 'Humiliation' gets a mention in one headline. Mind, we shouldn't gloat - Leipzig are not a bad side, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and suggest that we won't take a 2-0 lead, have the BBC rockin' away in Media City, and then concede five. That would be humiliating! But there again, we win and the BBC would still think be frugal with the accolades!

How predictable - I have just put on my first ever post to the BBC HYS on the comedy show at Anfield last night and they have deleted it!

In reply to a post saying that they will probably still celebrate their Charity shield I posted "Yes, and it will probably shamelessly, be on the 29th May again!!!

They must have an algorithm that automatically removes certain words/phrases/dates.

How predictable - I have just put on my first ever post to the BBC HYS on the comedy show at Anfield last night and they have deleted it!

In reply to a post saying that they will probably still celebrate their Charity shield I posted "Yes, and it will probably shamelessly, be on the 29th May again!!!

They must have an algorithm that automatically removes certain words/phrases/dates.
Scousewashing at it's finest but if you look at what happened to poor Colin Mafham the spineless cowards are covering their own backs.

Anyone who has enough money to buy the rags has that money because they don't waste money and our very intelligent business people. Anyone think they are in it to not make money long term is deluded yes they might invest in the stadium surrounding areas and team but they know they will get double there investment when they go to sell. Our owners might have spent about £2billion on us but they know there assets are worth double that not to mention all there investments round the city.

If they want the land around the Swamp they would be arriving late to the party. Media City and Salford Quays has already lots of money going into for a good few years. Would any new owner be looking at Trafford Park to start smashing up expensive flats?

The people who are bombing Yemen are the UK's allies, backed and supplied by the USA and UK. It is a proxy war. The people on the other side are, or are alleged to be, connected with Iran. Iran is a very Bad Thing, the media tells me.

If we (USA and UK) did not support proxy wars, there's a fair chance they wouldn't happen or would be over quicker. But if people wanted such a policy, they should have voted for Corbyn.
No country is 'bombing Yemen'. Why have people bought into a vicous media narrative. 2 factions of the Muslim faith are, (sadly) fighting each other in a proxy war. Iran is funding terrorists, both hope to overthrow a Yemini government that believes a different version of Islam. Saudi Arabia and the UAE support the Yemini government.

I have taken a magnifying glass to the front page of the DT and there's not a word about the game at Anfield last night. Oh, hang on a mo, it's writ large in the sports section. Now that the Rags look as though they have shed their comedy act the RDAHMeedya will soon become the RAHMeedya. 'Humiliation' gets a mention in one headline. Mind, we shouldn't gloat - Leipzig are not a bad side, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and suggest that we won't take a 2-0 lead, have the BBC rockin' away in Media City, and then concede five. That would be humiliating! But there again, we win and the BBC would still think be frugal with the accolades!
Dave, when do we play ? I looked at the DT online and we aren't mentioned. Is it best week?

Phil Babb talking well about us on SSN, even though the Chelsea supporting reader wants him to say something negative about City.

If they want the land around the Swamp they would be arriving late to the party. Media City and Salford Quays has already lots of money going into for a good few years. Would any new owner be looking at Trafford Park to start smashing up expensive flats?
I think any potential developers would get short shrift from the planners. The whole area is zoned for employment, and is one of the most expensive in the country for commercial land values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.