Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the land that the academy, training pitches, 1st team buildings and presumably the land they donated back for the 6th form college had to be processed. This was all done onsite as you can't just dump it anymore and was reused there.
At the opening of the Academy it was noted that the dyeworks had made the soil purple...

Richard Leese spoke, Tony Book officially opened it, and "guest of honour" was George Osborne who said the government was spending £10m on pitches around the country (the Academy itself had cost £50m). I was on second row and when Osborne was announced said loudly "Don't spoil it" without realising one of his junior ministers was just in front.

But this was years after Tom Bloxham was doing videos stood next to the canal about how Urban Splash could turn the area into New Islington, saying later "it's marvellous what you can do with a bit of imagination and £11m in government grants".

Last edited:
The UAE has been accused by Amnesty International of being “one of the most brutal police states in the Middle East,” while homosexuality is punishable by death.

According to the guardian but why no comment on the following as they fall over themselves to follow the rags and dippers to play there……

Singapore hangs a 5th person in four months.
Not one court in any country in the world tried and convicted Osama Bin Laden and yet I did not see Amnesty International condemning the U.S. for sending a hit squad into a foreign country and murdering him.
Perhaps I missed the trial.

TalkSport had one of the authors of the report on and completely disagreed with the premise that the redevelopment of the area was in any way wrong. They did allow him to spout his nonsense on sports washing but even then the author sounded like he was wearing his tinfoil hat.

Was it any surprise that he was from ‘Manchester’?

The UAE has been accused by Amnesty International of being “one of the most brutal police states in the Middle East,” while homosexuality is punishable by death.

According to the guardian but why no comment on the following as they fall over themselves to follow the rags and dippers to play there……

Singapore hangs a 5th person in four months.
Those Amnesty remarks are from some time ago. Even they have acknowledged that UAE has made progress.

TalkSport had one of the authors of the report on and completely disagreed with the premise that the redevelopment of the area was in any way wrong. They did allow him to spout his nonsense on sports washing but even then the author sounded like he was wearing his tinfoil hat.

Was it any surprise that he was from ‘Manchester’?

First question I’d ask would be who asked or why you thought of writing the article!? Seconds question would be how much was land/property was going for at the time! Third question would be is your next article going to be of FSG on how they purchase land!?

First question I’d ask would be who asked or why you thought of writing the article!? Seconds question would be how much was land/property was going for at the time! Third question would be is your next article going to be of FSG on how they purchase land!?
There was only one question for me, that was yours? It sounded like it was, very simply, a way to attack City and get his name out in the media, from somebody who held little value in integrity, and more in making himself a few quid.

Nothing changes with these leeches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.