Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really get this argument. How has it pissed on their parade big time? Their profits are up in the last ten years. So, how has the golden flow of £££ been interrupted? Seems like it’s still in full flow to me.
I do get your point, but why do you think they’re trying so so hard to fuck us over ? The original FFP shenanigans, the shifted goalposts, then the UEFA “investigative chamber”, the press leaks, now the PL100 plus charges press release designed for maximum brand damage.
If we were still little old loveable City, they wouldn’t give a toss. Granted their profits are up but where would they be if we hadn’t carved out a huge share of the pie. I think Pep extending and Haaland pushed them over the edge. Little-by-little, they’re losing this war.
At least I hope so !

I do get your point, but why do you think they’re trying so so hard to fuck us over ? The original FFP shenanigans, the shifted goalposts, then the UEFA “investigative chamber”, the press leaks, now the PL100 plus charges press release designed for maximum brand damage.
If we were still little old loveable City, they wouldn’t give a toss. Granted their profits are up but where would they be if we hadn’t carved out a huge share of the pie. I think Pep extending and Haaland pushed them over the edge. Little-by-little, they’re losing this war.
At least I hope so !
I think, in short, they do it because bashing City sells. I just don’t think it’s as simple as united winning everything being unequivocally good for the brand. I think we play a useful role to them as pantomime villains, and overall they will view the style of football we play and the players (and manger) we have attracted to the English game as definitely good for the brand. So I think, through Sky’s eyes we have an important role, but they want to keep us on a leash, don’t want us to completely dominate, and they know that casting us as villains, rather than praising us, is good for business. They realise that drumming up negativity in relation to City from redshirt fans is both easy and lucrative. I think if we disappeared tomorrow, they would need to find another club to fill that role. It’s all about creating a narrative of conflict.

I think if, overall, you asked senior Sky officials, if Sheikh Mansour’s takeover had been good for business over the last fifteen years, the answer would in the majority of cases be yes - which I guess was my point. Doesn’t mean I think they report on us fairly, or equally, because they absolutely don’t.

Last edited:
Or the early booking for Ederson for time wasting

I presumed at the time it was a new directive that PGMOL had implemented. Apparently not eh?
And completely ignored by Calamity Atwell today at Tottenham as Kepa was on a different time zone with some of his kick outs

I think, in short, they do it because bashing City sells. I just don’t think it’s as simple as united winning everything being unequivocally good for the brand. I think we play a useful role to them as pantomime villains, and overall they will view the style of football we play and the players (and manger) we have attracted to the English game as definitely good for the brand. So I think, through Sky’s eyes we have an important role, but they want to keep us on a leash, don’t want us to completely dominate, and they know that casting us as villains, rather than praising us, is good for business. They realise that drumming up negativity in relation to City from redshirt fans is both easy and lucrative. I think if we disappeared tomorrow, they would need to find another club to fill that role. It’s all about creating a narrative of conflict.

I think if, overall, you asked senior Sky officials, if Sheikh Mansour’s takeover had been good for business over the last fifteen years, the answer would in the majority of cases be yes - which I guess was my point. Doesn’t mean I think they report on us fairly, or equally, because they absolutely don’t.
Well put.

All star line up on Sly Sport News at the moment.
Clinton Morrison whose single brain cell is in danger of dying of loneliness.
Lee Hendrie-medriocrity personified as a player and an even worse pundit.
Leanne Sanderson-Shouty Cockney Ragess. Kick starts Jumbo Jets in her spare time.
She actually makes me feel physically sick.

All teeth and gob, talks absolute twaddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.