Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on the local news this morning the new(ish) girl used 'a massive win' in her blurb.

She must have heard me giving her grief from 60 miles away as she changed on further bullet-ins to 'a whopping win'.

‘10th biggest spenders in the PL stick 7 past the 2nd biggest spenders in das Bundesliga thanks to goals by three players City signed for modest fee’s from Germany’

Said no sports Media outlet ever
Correction: we are only the 15th biggest net spender in the last 5 seasons...

Do keep up. ;-)

Imagine being paid more than a living wage to come up with this, write it, and have it published in a tabloid.

2DC5BCDA-2A3E-4753-8B85-8135BFE69D6D.jpeg

Utterly bizarre. This one takes the biscuit. It is like a parody channel. To spend 10 munutes talking about the Leipzig tactics and for the coke-head to describe the match as a "non event" must have been baffling for the audience. I have no idea what football fans in Ireland think about this sort of coverage but they deserve better. Even LFC and MUFC fans would spot this sort of punditry as absurd. You are 100 per cent correct. No other club in world football would get this sort of treatment from broadcasters.
I live in Ireland and it's been said to me numerous times about how unfair the coverage of City is.
One lad (supports Spurs and desperatelywants us to win the League) even WhatsApped me to ask what the fuck City had done to Hamann - with a big smiley emoji, mind because he wasn't remotely shocked by the bias.

Before kick off Ferdinand I think it was came out with something like “when you’ve got history you don’t need light shows”, sad twat.
Think some one may have had a word in his ear piece
OK latest narrative from media:
“Haaland-I was brought in to win Champions League”
So irrespective of what records or silverware he achieves, they’ve now potentially got a stick to beat him with
Surely all the players that get to the 1st team (whether bought in or via academy etc) are there to try and win CL

You obviously missed Darke reeling off City’s failings in the Champions League…
He mentioned our record in the champions league which I thought was appropriate with it being, you know, a champions league game!
If you think that simply talking about how we would like to win it and how close/far we have have got to that goal previously is bias you should stay away from everything including about 99% of the threads on Bluemoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.