Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Athletic are struggling and people are buying coffees..

If they weren’t cunts I’d subscribe but they’ve lost me forever unless there is a dramatic attitude change towards our club & fans.

What gets me is I’d like to subscribe to a non fan boy sports paper & yet they are targeting fans of dippers & rags who can read it in the mail, sun & guardian for fuck all.

The whole profession of “Journalism” is finished these days -the only way these people can get employment nowadays as as mouthpieces for the preferred Agenda -whatever that is -and particularly in Sports Journalism that means Clickbait. True Investigative Journalism is a thing of the past -with increasingly rare exceptions.

At one time journalists used to cross over into PR, now there is no crossover.

Excellent

I hate it when the bin bags aren’t locally sourced
Which instantly conjures up this classic from Phoenix Nights

"Come get your black bin bags
They're on offer 'til December
Come get your black bin bags
They're long and thin and slender
Heavy duty black bin bags
No matter what your gender
Heavy duty black bin bags
Whether bi or straight or bender...."

Nothing stuck up about supporting your local fresh food emporium my friend. Its a national scandal that the supermarkets who killed off your local butchers & fishmongers over many years, have now closed their "deli" offerings in recent months/years.

Tesco/Asda/Aldi/Sainsburys hang your fucking heads in shame.

And don't start me on Amazon.

Anyway, back on topic.

Absolutely bang on

Nothing stuck up about supporting your local fresh food emporium my friend. Its a national scandal that the supermarkets who killed off your local butchers & fishmongers over many years, have now closed their "deli" offerings in recent months/years.

Tesco/Asda/Aldi/Sainsburys hang your fucking heads in shame.

And don't start me on Amazon.

Anyway, back on topic.

Then you get lectured about sustainability & nutrition & you realise it’s all linked, fresh seasonal local food.

Our friends at the Mail carry an article about the worst clubs for abusing referees based on the fines levied. Oddly, they couldn't find a picture of united in their archives but were able to find pictures of Fulham (topical), Arsenal (most fined) and...er...City. indeed, a picture featuring Haaland has the caption "One top-flight club in particular is clear of the rest regarding fines for foul-mouthed tirades" although that club is Arsenal. And City Well;

"Manchester United (£137,000) and Everton (£115,000) are in the dubious position of being second and third. They are the only other sides to be forced to pay a six-figure sum for abuse".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.