Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our friends at the Mail carry an article about the worst clubs for abusing referees based on the fines levied. Oddly, they couldn't find a picture of united in their archives but were able to find pictures of Fulham (topical), Arsenal (most fined) and...er...City. indeed, a picture featuring Haaland has the caption "One top-flight club in particular is clear of the rest regarding fines for foul-mouthed tirades" although that club is Arsenal. And City Well;

"Manchester United (£137,000) and Everton (£115,000) are in the dubious position of being second and third. They are the only other sides to be forced to pay a six-figure sum for abuse".

Purely accidental, if you are thinking it’s an agenda the usual suspects will be along to tell you how it’s perfectly normal.

I’m sure over on the front pages when talking of serial killers & naming Peter Sutcliffe there’s a picture Lester Piggott leaving court.

Dave Wallace got an email from them asking if they could advertise in KOTK. Hopefully they've noticed how many City fans have fucked them off over that twat Lee.
I subscribed to them when they first launched in the UK. After a year I stopped and told them why 'your coverage of City is as biased as everyone else'. I think I also said you were just like a utd and liverpool fanzine. They still send me emails which I just bin, I've never been tempted to go back. They had decent coverage of women's football but I still wouldn't go back.

Our friends at the Mail carry an article about the worst clubs for abusing referees based on the fines levied. Oddly, they couldn't find a picture of united in their archives but were able to find pictures of Fulham (topical), Arsenal (most fined) and...er...City. indeed, a picture featuring Haaland has the caption "One top-flight club in particular is clear of the rest regarding fines for foul-mouthed tirades" although that club is Arsenal. And City Well;

"Manchester United (£137,000) and Everton (£115,000) are in the dubious position of being second and third. They are the only other sides to be forced to pay a six-figure sum for abuse".

Rag c*nts!

Screenshot-20230322-085133-2.png

The best bit is when you actually go into the story and City have been fined once for the game at Arsenal . Obviously it was a record fine too for beating the officials within an inch of their lives apparently!

Looks like the Athletic are struggling and people are buying coffees..

I initially subscribed to them for a year when they first started out.

They started off with a level of balance, and then it very quickly became another United/Liverpool centric website.

The coverage of CAS was borderline appalling, one of their main sports writers dragged the clubs name through the mud when the club hadn't even had a chance to defend itself.

They also claimed to not run clickbait and had this as an article written by another United fan when UEFA banned us: https://www.google.com/amp/s/theath...ty-man-united-ffp-ban-champions-league/?amp=1

Then you had the Manchester United correspondent doing a deep dive on City's finances.

You have three Manchester United correspondents on there, two of whom who have been huge critics of City due to human rights suddenly drop their morals when Mason Greenwoods charges are dropped and discuss ways in which he could potentially be reintegrated back into the United side.

It's a shame because there are some fantastic writers there, but even if it was free I wouldn't read what's on there anymore.

The Mooney and Sam Lee podcast was fantastic, and that was discontinued, probably because they have to pay for another United correspondent.

Last edited:
I initially subscribed to them for a year when they first started out.

They started off with a level of balance, and then it very quickly became another United/Liverpool centric website.

The coverage of CAS was borderline appalling, one of their main sports writers dragged the clubs name through the mud when the club hadn't even had a chance to defend itself.

They also claimed to not run clickbait and had this as an article written by another United fan when UEFA banned us: https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/1625829/2020/02/22/city-man-united-ffp-ban-champions-league/?amp=1

Then you had the Manchester United correspondent doing a deep dive on City's finances.

You have three Manchester United correspondents on there, two of whom who have been huge critics of City due to human rights suddenly drop their morals when Mason Greenwoods charges are dropped and discuss ways in which he could potentially be reintegrated back into the United side.

It's a shame because there are some fantastic writers there, but even if it was free I wouldn't read what's on there anymore.

The Mooney and Sam Lee podcast was fantastic, and that was discontinued, probably because they have to pay for another United correspondent.

Agreed with everything until the last sentence. Sam Lee is a ****, his appalling coverage of the UEFA ban & CAS case & anything since shows him as click bait no nothing shit ****.

That may get the point home to them far better than posters ranting on here. KOTK needs revenue, if they refuse a genuine offer, something is wrong and it ain't KOTK.

I haven’t read KOTK since buying we left Maine Road, I’ll have to look into it & get it sent down under.

Amazon are OK. No queues and it allows me to be an antisocial **** and stay home with the dogs and not leave the house. Work, Wife and kids leave me all peopled out these days so that's ideal.
I take your point and each to their own, but that's little consolation to the thousands of High St stores that have vanished putting 10's of thousands out of work, leaving most towns left with charity shops, a poxy coffee shop and empty spaces where independent businesses used to thrive. Those empty High Streets is another reason why town centre pubs are closing in their thousands.

I work in the retail display industry where 100's of businesses have gone to the wall and those that are left are scrapping over whatever meat is left on the carcass. The ultimate irony is that they're now opening their own stores, taking premises at knock down rental, occupying the sites that their business model destroyed in the first place.

Fucking hate Amazon with a passion. Tax avoiding, all American tossers of the highest order who have impacted on our society more than any other global company. If you're lucky though, you might get to work in one of their warehouses, servicing the robots.

Anyway, that feels better, thanks for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.