Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Niedle the guy who did the research is incredibly thorough and accurate. He’s basing it off the amount of agents fees paid and the amount paid via dual representation, which is public data.

I think the estimate is because you can’t know for certain how what the fair value or agent services are to clubs for each signing.

The reporting is a problem, not the actual research IMO, although IMO it’s an overreaction to a debatable grey area.
It’s utter bobbins then. You can’t give an estimate (unless you’re a dodgy builder) which has any worth and stands up to scrutiny, unless you define the level of uncertainty.
I’m pretty sure though, that if he did give a value, it would undermine the way they have been ranked.

It’s utter bobbins then. You can’t give an estimate (unless you’re a dodgy builder) which has any worth and stands up to scrutiny, unless you define the level of uncertainty.
I’m pretty sure though, that if he did give a value, it would undermine the way they have been ranked.
It's assuming the agent works on behalf of the player and not the club and should therefore be paid by the player.

That's a reasonable assumption, it's probably near 100% accurate, but you can't know for sure, so he's couched it by saying it's an estimate.

The guy investigating this is the guy who brought down Nadhim Zahawi, he's not manipulating figures to make City look bad, his target is the Conservative government.

I thought tax avoidance was a perfectly legitimate passtime for the rich and famous.
Ask Rishi Sunak and all his mates in Parliament. Who gives a fuck.
the allegation is the avoidance relies on bogus payment schemes to player agents and is thus tax evasion which is not legal

See the BBC running a story about PL clubs saving 250 million in tax and no surprise names us 1st before Rags, Arsenal and Chelsea then much lower down the artical mentions us 1st again then throws the Dippers in.
They also state Chelsea were the biggest savers but we know what the BBC are like with their bias, why not list in Alphabetical order or Chelsea 1st as biggest savers but they put our name 1st twice.
Wish we would just ban the BBC and refuse to do MOTD interviews
It's easy
Just don't watch bbc and don't read any of the bullshit . It worked for me years ago. CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.