Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.

No proof it was a City fan who smashed the window.

Away from the ground and the Etihad Campus.

So nothing to do with City.

Yet City release a statement.

It won’t surprise me if City paid for a new coach window, and also paid for the coach to be serviced as well.
For all we know it could be a rag who did it. They are also known not to like Liverpool FC.

Always the victim is about lfc making themselves the victim, in everything! Karius, ramos, the bus, Paris, snow, suarez being racist, etc etc..

THEY'RE turning it into a song about hillsborough, actually making themselves a victim in the process.

What next, the phrase "bin dippers" to be banned? Singing "they're shit" to be banned!

It's all so insidious and actually only serves to trivialise the deaths at hillsborough, I mean they're now using it as a diversion tactic. When will that stop!
They threw a blanket over all the songs teams sing about them by appealing for fans to not sing about ‘stadium disasters’ and the FA/PL making it an actual offence backed that up. The club had little choice than to issue an apology, didn’t SOS have a go at rendering songs like feed the scousers etc a hate crime? the sheer fact they have weaponised Heysel is the most audacious grief seeking diversion plots I’ve ever seen, I wonder what the Italians make if it? It’s akin to murdering somebody (everyone knows you’ve done it) and you turn up to the funeral, then cry at the grave and throw flowers in

Last edited:
OK let's stop singing 'always the victims' but what next ? I remember the 'Allez' song that a few lads switched around. Suddenly battered in the streets wasn't about a Champs league final, it was about Sean Cox. Every song, every comment, hell every thought that they don't like they want stopped.
There is a reason fans sing always the victims.
Times change with songs and I see that it is difficult not to be considered offensive but I believe we should just let the Victims song go.

There is no point crying about the club statement. The fact is LFC think the Victims chant is about Hillsborough so that means it can’t be sung without getting a load of shit in the media. And if its like Saturday then the club will continue to have to write apologies.

No matter what we think it’s about it shouldn’t be sung.

We can argue quite rightly all day that it’s nothing to do with Hillsborough - but the minute they claimed it was a reference to Hillsborough it can’t be sung without the shit in the media and public apologies.

If we had the same kind of media control that they do it might be different.
And when they complain about the next song and the song after that ? Where do we stop ?
I've already posted how the Allez song was stopped, booing Milner, lets stop that, condemning them for wearing Suarez racist t shirts is clearly inflammatory, let's stop that.
we cannot keep giving in just because they decide to be offended.

The Liverpool Echo’s report, by Tom Cavilla, on Pep celeabrating a City goal ‘inside his technical area’.

View attachment 73920
Total fake news from the Echo. Why did the Liverpool players enter City's technical area after we scored? What did Tsimikas say to Pep with his hands cupped? Why did the three LFC players go right up close to Pep? Why did Klopp make no complaint against Pep? Do these morons at the Echo think we are all fucking stupid?

Always the victim is about lfc making themselves the victim, in everything! Karius, ramos, the bus, Paris, snow, suarez being racist, etc etc..

THEY'RE turning it into a song about hillsborough, actually making themselves a victim in the process.

What next, the phrase "bin dippers" to be banned? Singing "they're shit" to be banned!

It's all so insidious and actually only serves to trivialise the deaths at hillsborough, I mean they're now using it as a diversion tactic. When will that stop!

This
The fact that almost the whole home ends sang it surely shows that it's not about Hillsborough

The Liverpool Echo’s report, by Tom Cavilla, on Pep celeabrating a City goal ‘inside his technical area’.

View attachment 73920
No punishment for the opposing players entering our technical area either?

Photograph carefully cropped so that it it doesn't show Tsimicas DELIBERATELY entering the City technical area, which is a YELLOW CARD OFFENCE

From Law 12:

"CAUTION

Caution offences include (but are not limited to):

• deliberately entering the technical area of the opposing team (non-confrontational)"
Doesn't suit the narrative though eh?

Times change with songs and I see that it is difficult not to be considered offensive but I believe we should just let the Victims song go.
Agree 100 per cent. It is just deflecting from our brilliant team and giving ammunition to our enemies. We should also ditch the "murderers" song. Heysel happened in 1986. We didn't sing anything about it till about five years ago so I don't think we should use it as a weapon almost 40 years after the event.

Total fake news from the Echo. Why did the Liverpool players enter City's technical area after we scored? What did Tsimikas say to Pep with his hands cupped? Why did the three LFC players go right up close to Pep? Why did Klopp make no complaint against Pep? Do these morons at the Echo think we are all fucking stupid?
They were starting a candlelight vigil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.