Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people are miffed at that summation. How many times have we had to revert from this new formation in order to save our skin? Pep even admitted it against Arsenal, yet we keep persevering. Hope to fuck he doesn't overthink it for Bayern.
Do you mean the formation which destroyed Liverpool with Stones moving into midfield?

It's the Masterchef school of analytics. As soon as you get near the endgame, everyone in contention for the top proze may only be described as positively fucking marvellous.

Sky know there's a chance City might yet end up winning the League again. Similarly, they'll want to big up their product by suggesting that nothing other than superlative football from either City or Arsenal is required to win it.
There'll be lots of praise through gritted teeth from here on in but expect normal service to resume in the weeks after we win the League or (hopefully not going to happen but...) if Arsenal pull away from us by a fairly decisive margin.
At some point SKY will wake up to the fact that Haaland is the biggest box office star in world football at the moment and could be very commercially valueable to them (with Grealish not far behind). SKY is fading into the background as a broadcaster because of its fixation on the 1990s. It has failed to move on with its audience.

Also on two occasions he stated that Saints need to get into City's faces to get anything. I wonder how many more pundits they can dig up to encourage the opposition to kick us off the park.
It’s the typical English/talksport loving attitude. If you can’t match them then revert to smashing them. It’s repeated on talksport all the time from the likes of Danny Murphy and Ray parlour.

Same thing, there is a media agenda bias against the club.
I think that one of the reasons some people don't see the media bias; is because they're not that invested in the opinions of the media, Press and pundits.

I've noticed over the years the lengths that the broadcasting media are willing to go to celebrate the mediocrity of the rags, for example.

We still here about "The Invincibles" despite Arsenal being almost as irrelevant as Liverpool were prior to Klopp's arrival.

What MCFC have achieved over the past decade has been nothing short of groundbreaking. We've irrevocably changed the landscape of the Premier League and set records that barely get a mention from the media.

However, everyone has their own world view and they invariably see what they see.

So some people will see the bias and others won't.

It’s the typical English/talksport loving attitude. If you can’t match them then revert to smashing them. It’s repeated on talksport all the time from the likes of Danny Murphy and Ray parlour.
There is nothing they hate more than this awful "playing out from the back style." The one used by Brazil in 1970, Ajax in the 70s, the great Milan side, Barcelona and nowadays the successful teams like City. They want Engllish teams to carry on playing like the 70s and 80s when England was the laughing stock of international football. It is also worth pointing out that the great Liverpool side of the 80s won its European Cups playing possession football (albeit with too many passes back to their goalkeeper).

Couldn't believe what I was watching on "Super Sunday Matchday" with Vicky Gomersall, Jonathan Northcroft and (I think) Darren Lewis. You'd have thought they were City season-ticket holders. Darren Lewis described Haaland as "beautiful" and actually acknowledged Jack's worth. You could have knocked me down with a feather.
They've finally realised which side their bread is buttered for the next twenty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.