Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the BBC:
"This season has seen a rise in tragedy chanting and the Premier League is seeking to address the "unacceptable issue" as a priority."

I'd challenge that statement as I don't think it's true at all. I'd say it's on the decline if anything across the league and we've definitely sung the "Always the victims..." chant before the recent home game.

My nephew was watching something on Skysports called Saturday Social (never seen it)
Basically 4 guys chatting football (had our friend Fogden on it)
They have decided the top 10 players of the Champions League up to now

1) Madrid player (Vincent Junior)
2) Haaland
3) Napoli player
4) Napoli player
5) Madrid player
6) Napoli player
7) Madrid player
8) Napoli player
9) Napoli player
10) Stones

This is what the youth are watching today.
We probably have the best team in world football but 2 out of 10 mmmmm

But they’ll be first to accept the free hospitality offered by City in the semi (if we get there)

BBC Sport have come out with a fantastic propaganda video on behalf of Liverpool FC, and they take a dig at City fans in it! No other fans though.

Titled -

'I've been called murderer' - How Hillsborough tragedy chanting impacts fans’.​

Amid a rise in so-called 'tragedy chants', Hillsborough survivors describe the real mental health impacts of hateful slurs about Hillsborough…​

It’s a painful watch, so I’ll give the highlights.

- Songs like ‘murderer’ and ‘always the victims’ is aimed purely at Hillsborough nothing else
- A girl, who looks to be in her early 20’s says, ‘people I know were never the same after Hillsborough’. (Not sure how she knows, she wasn’t even alive).
- A Liverpool MP says there’s been a massive spike in Hillsborough chanting in the last few seasons, referring to the aforementioned ‘murderers/victim’ chants.
- A snippet of Gary Linekar MOTD says a minute silence for Hillsborough had to be cut short due to City fans chanting
- The Liverpool MP says City fans were singing in the 10’s of thousands during the minute silence and booing at the same time
- A Nottingham Forest fan says he’s carrying survivors guilt (and he’s not taking the piss)
- Liverpool fan questions if ‘he is a murderer, even though he’s been vindicated!’
- Liverpool fan says he was guilty of singing a vile song when he was 14 about the Munich air disaster because he wasn’t educated at the time
- Liverpool fans say fines, banning and even prosecution should happen if fans sing the songs ‘murderer’ or ‘never your fault’.

In summary, it hurts there feelings to say ‘murderers’ or ‘it’s never your fault’.

My take on it is, they can do one. We’re talking about Heysel, and that was their fault100%. As well as many, many other incidents. If it upsets them, good, that makes me happy. They’re a bunch of nasty c*nts.

As someone who has never sung it or any song about a tragedy. It's now getting to the stage where I might sing the victim chant.

Why ?

Because I am fucking sick and tired of the hold the dippers have over the press/media, the authorities both football and police and government.

We all saw the jibbing in and fake tickets at the CL final yet bizarrely the dippers get a refund and are cleared of any wrong doing. How the fuck does that happen. The press/media, authorities etc all say it wasnt so. Yet we all saw it. No trouble at the away end. Why did lfc want paper tickets ? Where lfc in leagues with the gangs making fake tickets ?

Every fan I know from other clubs all fucking hate the dippers.

The press/media, authorities etc are responsible for the way the dippers behaviour. The dippers know they wont get nicked, the attack on our coach has only encouraged their behaviour to get worse. The poor lass injured at our ground the bastard that throw it has never been found. Not one dipper who say it has come forward and given information. The dippers dont even moan about dippers with fake tickets nicking their seats !.

This club and its fans are rotten to the core. I have never been in a fight in all my 62 yrs as a fan. But know there is no way I would back away from a dipper. Because they believe the press/media, authorities that they never misbehave.

This article in the bbc is a disgrace, even the bbc is lying about the chant. It has fuck all to do with Hillsborough. It's sad to say but the dippers just love to be the victim, it's in their DNA.
ITV news did abit last night and interviewed John fucking Aldridge, john fucking Aldridge, the pissed up dipper who slangs City off 24/7 !

The bbc brings City into. The same City that respected the minute silence only to get the fans coaches attacked after the game. The same City that had the team coach attacked. Both these events where violent yet sing a song about the dippers, fuck me that's get our MP involved. That's going g crying to our mates in the press/media. Bloody hell.

What hold do lfc have over the press/media, authorities etc. Is it the gangs in liverpool that run the city, do they have something on them ?

It stinks to the core how the dippers always end up being the victims supported by the press/media etc.

Do we get Bradford rammed down our throats which was a terrible accident. The press/media only cover the dippers why ?

Last edited:
My nephew was watching something on Skysports called Saturday Social (never seen it)
Basically 4 guys chatting football (had our friend Fogden on it)
They have decided the top 10 players of the Champions League up to now

1) Madrid player (Vincent Junior)
2) Haaland
3) Napoli player
4) Napoli player
5) Madrid player
6) Napoli player
7) Madrid player
8) Napoli player
9) Napoli player
10) Stones

This is what the youth are watching today.
We probably have the best team in world football but 2 out of 10 mmmmm

But they’ll be first to accept the free hospitality offered by City in the semi (if we get there)
But if we don't win its a huge embarrassment because we have the best 11 by far.

TV Pundits and Social Media Pundits are almost all people with agendas and biases so can't be anything more than entertainment (at best). Even the tactics experts are up their own holes.

Haha, massive spike in chanting - massive spike in playing the victim more like. Every time these self entitled grief monkeys lose a title, champions league, or even a significant game they play the Hillsborough card. Sick fuckers.
Like Mark Lawrenson pointed out, they never ever talk about Heysel. Lawrenson said it was their dirty little secret. The murderers chant is more than likely about that. Nobody in their right mind would ever sing about Hillsborough. In 2014 City played Liverpool on the anniversary of Hillsborough and the minutes silence was impeccably observed.

According to the BBC:
"This season has seen a rise in tragedy chanting and the Premier League is seeking to address the "unacceptable issue" as a priority."

I'd challenge that statement as I don't think it's true at all. I'd say it's on the decline if anything across the league and we've definitely sung the "Always the victims..." chant before the recent home game.
Think we did it twice in the cup game and just the once in the Prem one this season.

Without doubt that's less victim chants per minute than we usually do.

What is it with them telling us what songs can’t be sung in a football ground? Who gave them the moral high ground?

I’d like to see an article in the media penned by the dippers accepting and apologising for Heysel, with no blame attached to others, Chelsea fans, the NF, local skinheads etc. The article should also contain an apology for the decades of singing and banners about the Munich air disaster. It should also include an apology for singing about Harold Shipman’s victims. And whilst we’re at it they can apologise for constantly singing that our city is full of shit. They can apologise for hacking our player database. They can apologise for throwing coins at Pep, and spitting at our coaching staff. They can also apologise for smashing up our team coach, and numerous supporter’s buses after an impeccably observed minutes silence for Hillsborough. Another apology should be issued for the poor girl hit with a pint pot full of coins, with no mention of the whip round for the coach driver. Also they can apologise to their own genuine fans who couldn’t get into the Paris final last season, this apology needs to come from the feral twats who jibbed in on fake tickets. Klopp can also apologise for encouraging ticketless fans to travel to Paris. They can also apologise to Leeds fans for the Turkish Delight bars, and Everton fans for the Steau Bucharest banner. Yaya is also owed an apology, as is Ederson, and Joe Corrigan. The ambulance driver carrying Alan Smith to hospital is also owed an apology, as is Alan himself. Although a rag, Paul Webster is owed an apology.

I could go on…

For the last time, it’s NOT about Hillsborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.