Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, massive spike in chanting - massive spike in playing the victim more like. Every time these self entitled grief monkeys lose a title, champions league, or even a significant game they play the Hillsborough card. Sick fuckers.
I reckon that in the not to distant future, that the sad piano music from reality shows will be played on the news with every story they do on the Dippers.
It really as become nauseating now

Even on the bbc video one of the dippers says in called other fans out about, only to be told it's not about Hillsborough. Yet he wants it to be about Hillsborough even though he has been told it's not. He wants to play the victim card

Well yes, but it's not his fault.

Wait a minute, there is a chant in there somewhere.

What is it with them telling us what songs can’t be sung in a football ground? Who gave them the moral high ground?

I’d like to see an article in the media penned by the dippers accepting and apologising for Heysel, with no blame attached to others, Chelsea fans, the NF, local skinheads etc. The article should also contain an apology for the decades of singing and banners about the Munich air disaster. It should also include an apology for singing about Harold Shipman’s victims. And whilst we’re at it they can apologise for constantly singing that our city is full of shit. They can apologise for hacking our player database. They can apologise for throwing coins at Pep, and spitting at our coaching staff. They can also apologise for smashing up our team coach, and numerous supporter’s buses after an impeccably observed minutes silence for Hillsborough. Another apology should be issued for the poor girl hit with a pint pot full of coins, with no mention of the whip round for the coach driver. Also they can apologise to their own genuine fans who couldn’t get into the Paris final last season, this apology needs to come from the feral twats who jibbed in on fake tickets. Klopp can also apologise for encouraging ticketless fans to travel to Paris. They can also apologise to Leeds fans for the Turkish Delight bars, and Everton fans for the Steau Bucharest banner. Yaya is also owed an apology, as is Ederson, and Joe Corrigan. The ambulance driver carrying Alan Smith to hospital is also owed an apology, as is Alan himself. Although a rag, Paul Webster is owed an apology.

I could go on…

For the last time, it’s NOT about Hillsborough.

Bang on

The more they draw attention to the chant the more it will continue, i guess that plays into their victim DNA

According to the BBC:
"This season has seen a rise in tragedy chanting and the Premier League is seeking to address the "unacceptable issue" as a priority."

I'd challenge that statement as I don't think it's true at all. I'd say it's on the decline if anything across the league and we've definitely sung the "Always the victims..." chant before the recent home game.
I think that the more publicity this issue gets the more bile will appear on social media. I think the offensive chants (whatever the motive) were on the decline till organisations like the BBC started its propaganda campaign.

The problem for most fans (not just City fans) is the lack of acknowledgement for Heysal it’s a disaster that dare not speak its name, but there have been other occasions when LFC have coveted themselves in shame, who can forget the Surez T shirts and the campaign to protect him from the consequences of his behaviour, the media having made a disgusting mess of the Hillsborough tragedy seem reluctant now to call them out on it, which then gives some (and by no means all) cart blanch

I must admit, other than to support branding and keeping it in the headlines I don't understand why they want the victims song to be about Hillsborough.

If they stopped playing the victims from this day on and there were no more instances then the song would stop in time. But they're relentless in blaming everyone else so they actively keep the chant and sentiment of it alive.

However, I have every confidence in the BBC as a balanced organisation and I'm sure an alternative piece will be produced showing the other perspective.

What i dont understand if this short video by the BBC was truly aimed at stopping tragedy chants why only cover Hillsborough ? Why not interview rags about the Munich chants ? Why not look into why fans chant these chants. Look at the dippers general poor behaviour.

This video was very one sided and played into the dippers belief that they are always the victims

If this subject is going to be discussed than it cant be one sided

Dippers have to admit to their wrong doings

I must admit, other than to support branding and keeping it in the headlines I don't understand why they want the victims song to be about Hillsborough.

If they stopped playing the victims from this day on and there were no more instances then the song would stop in time. But they're relentless in blaming everyone else so they actively keep the chant and sentiment of it alive.

However, I have every confidence in the BBC as a balanced organisation and I'm sure an alternative piece will be produced showing the other perspective.

Elon Musk likes this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.