Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Arsenal just dropped 2 more points in the race for the PL title?

Exclusive!

Wow, look at those graphics, and how massive the Haaland red wage line is.

View attachment 75345

No name attached to article, just a reporter for the Daily United online.

View attachment 75344
Or even with their figure a shade over £850k.

I'd be more worried about some of the dross at other clubs on top money....JLinz or whatever the promising kid is called in his own head.

How do they know his earnings ?

They don’t know his wage or the makeup of his contract, they have no idea at all. When the media print an article like this, it is complete, unadulterated rubbish. They do not have access to our payroll or the players bank accounts. That would be a huge breach of data protection laws. If the club didn’t comply with those laws they could face fines in the millions. A member of staff in a position with access to that information, would be fairly senior. They would likely be someone who has created a career for themselves in Sport. If they would be found to sell that information, they could be looking at criminal charges, not to mention, they would lose their income and completely ruin their career.

With every player, there is speculation to the figure they are paid. There is a hint as to what a player might be on. But his contract and wage will be a lot more complex, being a sports star. He will get appearance, assist and scoring bonuses too, and they could be huge. He will also have potential fees to pay out of his contract, agent/management, nutritionists, private coaches, social media staff, PA etc. To add to his wage, he could also have his own personal sponsorship bonuses or gifts. Sometimes a sponsor might pay all of a players bonuses for a club, or pay the club a bonus to pay the players with. In some cases a sponsor could provide accommodation and transport. I know for example, that every time Everton score at home, a sponsor pays a sum to the club, for their name to appear on the score board.

No one in the media, will have access to that type of financial information. They will have no idea what Haalands bonuses are. It’s pure speculation. Personally, I’ve never once seen any player in history, have their bonuses discussed in the media. It’s never ever, been talked about. So to add these bonuses to Haaland’s supposed wage is a complete fabrication. It’s something only an absolute moron would do, or, someone who is pushing an agenda. Someone bitter and jealous, trying to create/continue a negative and manipulative narrative. For which they gain some sort of moral advantage for rival clubs to City. The story that City have bought their success, and no one else in football has ever done this. The story that City don’t deserve it, but the old red shirts do. A complete load of shit.

What’s extremely alarming is that, it’s printed in a mainstream tabloid, and presented as actual journalism. We’re supposed to be able to trust journalism, that it’s been investigated and studied. But this has just been pulled from someone’s arse. It’s worrying that someone/a business with that much power, would be able to put across their own bias arguments as fact. That it would be allowed to put a piece out that is a complete and utter lie, with the goal to manipulate readers. Which it does. I had an argument with a Liverpool fan, a supposedly very intelligent guy who works in finance. Who told me Haaland was on £1M a week, he knew, because he read it in the paper. It’s scary that people actually believe this nonsense. Because, It doesn’t just stop with sport, it actually happens with very serious things too and it happens very often.

Last edited:
He’s actually on minimum wage but he gets a bonus of £10 for every goal he scores
True.. and also the 'Fail' etc hasn't factored into its calculation that his wages actually drop over the summer period by at least a couple of quid per week because it's out of season rates that apply..

Last edited:
They don’t know his wage or the makeup of his contract, they have no idea at all. When the media print an article like this, it is complete, unadulterated rubbish. They do not have access to our payroll or the players bank accounts. That would be a huge breach of data protection laws. If the club didn’t comply with those laws they could face fines in the millions. A member of staff in a position with access to that information, would be fairly senior. They would likely be someone who has created a career for themselves in Sport. If they would be found to sell that information, they could be looking at criminal charges, not to mention, they would lose their income and completely ruin their career.

With every player, there is speculation to the figure they are paid. There is a hint as to what a player might be on. But his contract and wage will be a lot more complex, being a sports star. He will get appearance, assist and scoring bonuses too, and they could be huge. He will also have potential fees to pay out of his contract, agent/management, nutritionists, private coaches, social media staff, PA etc. To add to his wage, he could also have his own personal sponsorship bonuses or gifts. Sometimes a sponsor might pay all of a players bonuses for a club, or pay the club a bonus to pay the players with. In some cases a sponsor could provide accommodation and transport. I know for example, that every time Everton score at home, a sponsor pays a sum to the club, for their name to appear on the score board.

No one in the media, will have access to that type of financial information. They will have no idea what Haalands bonuses are. It’s pure speculation. Personally, I’ve never once seen any player in history, have their bonuses discussed in the media. It’s never ever, been talked about. So to add these bonuses to Haaland’s supposed wage is a complete fabrication. It’s something only an absolute moron would do, or, someone who is pushing an agenda. Someone bitter and jealous, trying to create/continue a negative and manipulative narrative. For which they gain some sort of moral advantage for rival clubs to City. The story that City have bought their success, and no one else in football has ever done this. The story that City don’t deserve it, but the old red shirts do. A complete load of shit.

What’s extremely alarming is that, it’s printed in a mainstream tabloid, and presented as actual journalism. We’re supposed to be able to trust journalism, that it’s been investigated and studied. But this has just been pulled from someone’s arse. It’s worrying that someone/a business with that much power, would be able to put across their own bias arguments as fact. That it would be allowed to put a piece out that is a complete and utter lie, with the goal to manipulate readers. Which it does. I had an argument with a Liverpool fan, a supposedly very intelligent guy who works in finance. Who told me Haaland was on £1M a week, he knew, because he read it in the paper. It’s scary that people actually believe this nonsense. Because, It doesn’t just stop with sport, it actually happens with very serious things too and it happens very often.

Not really something I’m overly interested in but don’t a club’s published annual accounts have a breakdown of employees wages? Even if it’s just a total of all players wages, it would be a guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.