Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s numerous websites with a section on how much Premier League footballers earn. I’ve no idea how accurate any of them are, or where they get their info from. But for comparison Haaland’s weekly wage is listed by the following people as…

Boardroom.tv - £348,000
Capology.com - £375,000
The Mirror - £375,000
Spotrac.com - £375,000
The Sun - £375,000
Football Transfers. Com - £375,000
Daily Mail- £865,000

There are numerous other sites quoting the £865,000 but on closer inspection, every single one of them is just repeating the figure from the original article in The Mail by Mike Keegan. No clue as to where he obtained the figure from, other than “sportsmail has learned…”
Probably obtained it from that well-known football finance expert Nick Harris's tortured imagination.

Yes, spot on. It's a long time ago now, but I spent a couple of years working for a law firm that acted for a major PL club. Occasionally, my boss and I would receive sensitive information that even hardly anyone within the club itself would be aware of.

It would have been suicidal to try and see whether Brain Woolnough at The Sun or Harry Harris at The Mirror might throw a few quid my way for the story, though. As you say, it wouldn't take much to work out who'd blabbed and I'd have ended up out of work, facing an appointment before a disciplinary tribunal that I'd have to convince against the odds to allow me to continue to practice my profession.
Practise.

Spitty and Ratboy let their fan side rule over being objective.

You can hear the bitterness everytime they have to mention us. Neville sounds like a petulant kid with his "Arsenal kids should spend less time playing video games statement."

They both fucking hate us and allowed to spread their bile on a weekly basis.
Just seen a link on newsnow of ratboy spouting shite in the Express.

Here a couple of whoppers:

"...Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard, Jesus. They can go and rip City to shreds a week on Wednesday."

"It's tough, it's really tough and I do hope they go and do it because it'll be sensational for the league to see a team go from fifth [last season] to first. That's what we want the Premier League to be like."

No mention of what our team can do to their sieve-like defence and conveniently forgetting that it was constantly praised when the rags won all their titles.

I really dislike the biased rag prick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.