Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, spot on. It's a long time ago now, but I spent a couple of years working for a law firm that acted for a major PL club. Occasionally, my boss and I would receive sensitive information that even hardly anyone within the club itself would be aware of.

It would have been suicidal to try and see whether Brain Woolnough at The Sun or Harry Harris at The Mirror might throw a few quid my way for the story, though. As you say, it wouldn't take much to work out who'd blabbed and I'd have ended up out of work, facing an appointment before a disciplinary tribunal that I'd have to convince against the odds to allow me to continue to practice my profession.

You must forgive me starting this little sub-thread, but I wasn't suggesting that someone would be leaking from inside the PL for financial gain. On the other hand, I wasn't excluding the possibility that leaks could happen for other reasons, either. Let's face it, we have been on the wrong end of leaks and hacks a few times and I don't remember anyone being professionally or financially ruined (not including Pinto in this, he was just a useful idiot). Moved sideways, possibly, even promoted. And tbh, there are plenty of ways to get confidential information out of an organisation without getting the organisation's name all over it.

Anyway, as I said, it's much more likely to come from careless agent talk or from the journalist's backside than from the PL.

Getting too depressed thinking about the lack of integrity in football. I think I need a lie down. :)

Hopefully he'll be on their radar for future abuse.

F365 Mediawatch is a great daily read ... they call out media bullshit no matter which team is involved. Which usually means exposing the constant stream of Pro-Red nonsense.

The weekly pisstake of Garth Crooks' Who-Scored-This-Week team is always good fun. See comment about De Gea being in his team of the week despite literally not making a single save.
Haha seriously De Gea in team of the week. Brilliant. Crooks is an idiot.

Haha seriously De Gea in team of the week. Brilliant. Crooks is an idiot.
If we assume he actually watched the game, only game being played in the Prem at that time slot and remember he's getting paid for his 'expertise' and he picks De Gea rather than Navas.....there's just no words or reason whatsoever.

If we assume he actually watched the game, only game being played in the Prem at that time slot and remember he's getting paid for his 'expertise' and he picks De Gea rather than Navas.....there's just no words or reason whatsoever.
Hasn't he picked someone who didn't even play that week?

If the BBC are looking to reduce costs, I'd suggest that fat idiot was low-hanging fruit.

I notice nobody in the media pointed out that 3 Arsenal players surrounded the ref yesterday but, in apparent contradiction of Howard Webb's diktat, none of them got booked. Same with rags and dippers surrounding the ref in recent weeks. The only player I'm aware of who's got a yellow card for being the 3rd player to approach a ref (despite just ambling over to see what was going on) is Dias.

I notice nobody in the media pointed out that 3 Arsenal players surrounded the ref yesterday but, in apparent contradiction of Howard Webb's diktat, none of them got booked. Same with rags and dippers surrounding the ref in recent weeks. The only player I'm aware of who's got a yellow card for being the 3rd player to approach a ref (despite just ambling over to see what was going on) is Dias.
I count 4 anomalies in refereeing against us this season

Dias booked as 3rd man. Not seen it happen to anyone else

Ederson booked in first half for time-wasting, not seen that happen to any other keeper, which is odd considering it happens most games at the Etihad

Ederson penalty vs Arsenal. Can’t remember the justification given off the top of my head, but week after week we see similar, with no penalties

Rashford, which I don’t think anyone can give a rational excuse for

I’m not one for thinking there’s a big conspiracy against us by PGMOL, but we certainly get more than our fair share of very odd negative decisions

It’s embarrassing, for him…

I count 4 anomalies in refereeing against us this season

Dias booked as 3rd man. Not seen it happen to anyone else

Ederson booked in first half for time-wasting, not seen that happen to any other keeper, which is odd considering it happens most games at the Etihad

Ederson penalty vs Arsenal. Can’t remember the justification given off the top of my head, but week after week we see similar, with no penalties

Rashford, which I don’t think anyone can give a rational excuse for

I’m not one for thinking there’s a big conspiracy against us by PGMOL, but we certainly get more than our fair share of very odd negative decisions
4 good calls there that nobody could find a honest answer to condone.....and that's just this season......so far!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.