Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I count 4 anomalies in refereeing against us this season

Dias booked as 3rd man. Not seen it happen to anyone else

Ederson booked in first half for time-wasting, not seen that happen to any other keeper, which is odd considering it happens most games at the Etihad

Ederson penalty vs Arsenal. Can’t remember the justification given off the top of my head, but week after week we see similar, with no penalties

Rashford, which I don’t think anyone can give a rational excuse for

I’m not one for thinking there’s a big conspiracy against us by PGMOL, but we certainly get more than our fair share of very odd negative decisions
100%. Been going on for years

I remeber the season we had about 10 red card tackles against us over the course of a couple of months. Not one red, many not even given as fouls. Then Delph made a robust tackle at Wigan winning the ball, straight red no questions asked.

Surprise surprise Anthony Taylor

100%. Been going on for years

I remeber the season we had about 10 red card tackles against us over the course of a couple of months. Not one red, many not even given as fouls. Then Delph made a poor but non dangerous tackle at Wigan straight red no questions asked.
Don’t all us fans say the same thing & have similar evidence regardless of club tho?

I’m sure 99.9% of it is down to incompetence, well, I hope it is

Ederson booked in first half for time-wasting, not seen that happen to any other keeper, which is odd considering it happens most games at the Etihad

Ederson penalty vs Arsenal. Can’t remember the justification given off the top of my head, but week after week we see similar, with no penalties

I’m not one for thinking there’s a big conspiracy against us by PGMOL, but we certainly get more than our fair share of very odd negative decisions
I'm also sure plenty of fans of other clubs could pick a long list too, not that I don't agree with your list :)

Ronay is a racist. Apparently Sheikh Mansour can’t have personal wealth. He’s an Arab. They are all the same don’t you know? The Guardian is happy to publish it though. Says a lot about their values. Just as bad as the Daily Mail.
Ronay of "Row of Grinning Beards" fame.

So these unnatural points totals that only we can achieve. Yet Liverpool can get to 97/99/92. Arsenal can potentially get past 90. If its money then what did united do with 800 million pounds? Very strange.

Funniest thing I saw this season was that interim spurs manager getting sent off even though he was the only one not involved in a mass brawl.
He wS completely ignoring it.

Seemingly he was sent off as he didn't have control of his staff and subs and should have gone in and stopped it.

“Of course there’s a whole other conversation to be had about the juggernaut that is Man City, but ..”

Red Rory on 5Live tonight. He just can’t resist the mid-sentence digs. I’ve realised it’s his same method every time. He embeds it as an aside in the middle of a very long sometimes torturous about something but else, so there’s virtually never any comeback on it - largely because Chapman, whose a decent presenter - was discussing something else, and probably doesn’t want to completely de-rail the discussion….
…Though I really wish, just once or twice he would pull Smith up, and ask Smith explain exactly what he meant.

More insidious and in many ways worse than those who are more blatant and obvious.

Apparently when asked about the Rashford offside, Webb stated that they had learned from that decision and it wouldn't happen again. Of course it won't.

“Of course there’s a whole other conversation to be had about the juggernaut that is Man City, but ..”

Red Rory on 5Live tonight. He just can’t resist the mid-sentence digs. I’ve realised it’s his same method every time. He embeds it as an aside in the middle of a very long sometimes torturous about something but else, so there’s virtually never any comeback on it - largely because Chapman, whose a decent presenter - was discussing something else, and probably doesn’t want to completely de-rail the discussion….
…Though I really wish, just once or twice he would pull Smith up, and ask Smith explain exactly what he meant.

More insidious and in many ways worse than those who are more blatant and obvious.
He’s a proper snide plastic dipper shitbag

I agree, they wrote a brilliant piece on the media changing the valuation of Haalands transfer to sell papers. They sarcastically said that, ‘the world record transfer fee paid by Manchester City for Haaland’, reported by the mainstream media. Didn’t just include , agent fees, wages and bonuses. But also included, flights and Taxis for our scouts to go watch him play and a ‘Boots meal deal’ for him, on the day that he signed.
Plus the shortfall on the Charlton crowd in ‘85.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.