Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one reading she ships/badge article can seriously come away with the feeling it is anti-City. It talks about the ship being a symbol of Manchester before the canal was built and that the only logical conclusion is that it is celebrating Manchester’s international trade, which was cotton and slaves on 2 of 3 legs. As other have pointed out it is part of The Guardian’s navel gazing on the subject and they are doing nothing wrong highlighting that a lot of the historical wealth of the country was based on slavery and exploitation. Not exactly something that was focussed on in my history lessons. The fact that both City and United incorporated the ship in their badge is understandable, but it is a fair question to ask whether we would do so now.

Even if this article can be seen as the ‘wokerati’ at work, it does not mean that he isn‘t right. Comparisons with The Gunners aren’t entirely valid as guns can also be used to defend the country and a gun isn’t ‘arguably’ a symbol of a centuries long genocide - and even if a technical connection with bad things can also be made, it doesn’t make the ship any better.

At the end of the day it isn’t the biggest issue facing the clubs at present (especially United) but on reflection I would rather see the bee than the ship.

Same old shit from the Daily United.

A truly shockingly negative headline and article about Pep and the team, instead of being positive and upbeat after a great 3-0 1st leg win against Bayern Munich. Along with the usual stock picture of Pep looking annoyed and frustrated.

Imagine the positive headlines and numerous positive articles in the Daily United if the Rags were taking a 3-0 lead to Bayern Munich in the CL tonight.

F*cking c*nts!

Screenshot_20230419-153527~2.png

A truly shockingly negative headline and article about Pep and the team, instead of being positive and upbeat after a great 3-0 1st leg win against Bayern Munich. Along with the usual stock picture of Pep looking annoyed and frustrated.

Imagine the positive headlines and numerous positive articles in the Daily United if the Rags were taking a 3-0 lead to Bayern Munich in the CL tonight.

F*cking c*nts!

View attachment 75623
That is a perfect example of the type of story not written for City fans but to attract clicks from redshirt plastics and banter merchants

No BBC coverage of either Pep’s or Gundo’s pre CL press conferences. Bet there will be of the United’s. It is an organisation no longer fit for purpose and should no longer be funded by public money, Move it to a subscription or advert funded model as the founding principles it was built on no longer apply
I share the frustration (not just regarding City coverage but the whole Tory propaganda machine that the organisation has become is wholly immoral). That said...

Probably an argument for Off Topic, so I will make this short and sweet but people should be very careful what they wish for regarding the future of the BBC.

It's no coincidence that the same organisations calling for a dilution of the BBC are also those trying to make the NHS that little bit more unworkable by arguing against a pay rise for junior doctors.

F*cking c*nts!

View attachment 75623
Absolutely disgraceful!

Whenever an article looks at past links to slavery/racism there is a very strange and angry reaction to them - usually the headline - as I doubt people actually read them.

I find articles like that uaually have some good research behind them, followed by some very lazy and limited thought processes. It is funny how they can start off trying to be half intelligent and broad, and end up being incredibly thick and narrow. Probably because despite best efforts to supposedly present 'both sides' of an argument (that itself rarely even exists), they ultimately end up slaves to just one take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.