Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working last night and missed the game, although I did sneak the odd few minutes on my phone when I could. Just catching up on the match reports etc. Sounds like a really controlled performance from City and hopefully bodes well for the away leg v Real. Obviously hoping we win the game, but it's great that we have home advantage for the second leg.

Sly going big on the raggy ladies.
Ah bless

To be fair everyone is going mad on women’s sports these days as they don’t want to be seen ignoring it or offending anyone.

Sky will also ignore a BT shown game although my guess is a team in Red would have got a bit more coverage no doubt.

Whenever an article looks at past links to slavery/racism there is a very strange and angry reaction to them - usually the headline - as I doubt people actually read them.

I am confused where we stand on this now. If there is a headline that is clearly clickbait and we disagree with it, do we have to click on it nevertheless to read the article to see if it is more reasonable to us than the headline before we comment on it, or are we supposed to just discuss the headline without giving them the benefit of the click? Which is it?

To be fair everyone is going mad on women’s sports these days as they don’t want to be seen ignoring it or offending anyone.

Sky will also ignore a BT shown game although my guess is a team in Red would have got a bit more coverage no doubt.

Exactly.

While there is no doubt we are not popular with the red supporting journo's and a certain amount of individual bias is in definitely in play,what we are mainly witnessing is a product of the society we have created rather than the excessive paranoia that exists on these pages.

I have listened to a few media outlets since we brilliantly claimed our victory last night,and i have heard nothing but positivity and congratulations.

I'll be in Asda later, searching for a City picture or report in the papers and leaving the paper open, displaying the pic in the store. No way will I buy a paper; gave that up long ago.
I was at a mate's yesterday and his mum had the Daily Mail with a large pic of Haaland on the front, wearing a pair of pyjamas which, they reported, had cost £2,400 out of his £853,000 a week wages.
Must be true, I thought - it's on the front page!

I am confused where we stand on this now. If there is a headline that is clearly clickbait and we disagree with it, do we have to click on it nevertheless to read the article to see if it is more reasonable to us than the headline before we comment on it, or are we supposed to just discuss the headline without giving them the benefit of the click? Which is it?

Most newspaper sites sports sections and their top stories are clickbait which i would advise everyone to either ignore or realise that the headlines bear little resemblance to the actual story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.