Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally bother with the HYS section of the match report, but just responded to a poster with the user name 'Champ20ns' who referred to City as Citeh.

My comment was literally as below :-

"I'm guessing by your user name that you're a United fan ? The second giveaway, is that you don't see the irony of taking the mickey out of the Manchester accent which means you're a typical United fan from the home counties. Deary me"

I've just had an email from the BBC saying that my comment has been removed as it broke the house rules ???

So let's see - making comments calling City "Oil Cheats" and "FFP Cheats" is perfectly ok, but pointing out the irony of someone who apparently supports a Manchester team taking the Mickey out of the Manchester accent is offensive ???

Who moderates this shite ?? Bacon Face ??

I don't normally bother with the HYS section of the match report, but just responded to a poster with the user name 'Champ20ns' who referred to City as Citeh.

"I'm guessing by your user name that you're a United fan ? The second giveaway, is that you don't see the irony of taking the mickey out of the Manchester accent which means you're a typical United fan from the home counties. Deary me"

I've just had an email from the BBC saying that my comment has been removed as it broke the house rules ???

So let's see - making comments calling City "Oil Cheats" and "FFP Cheats" is perfectly ok, but pointing out the irony of someone who apparently supports a Manchester team taking the Mickey out of the Manchester accent is offensive ???

The sports desk there is dominated by supporters of the 2 cheeks clubs. Pathetic behaviour really I would even say childish. Impartiality departed media city a long time ago.

The sports desk there is dominated by supporters of the 2 cheeks clubs. Pathetic behaviour really I would even say childish. Impartiality departed media city a long time ago.
There is a cultural problem in the online team. The moderation is often done by people who don't have a clue what they are doing and some have no qualifications for the role. There is no pretence of impartality in the staff. Some of them regard it as a game to troll City fans. It is all part of the "banter" culture in that office. There is virtually no Editorial control and the senior people are part of the problem.
There is no chance of this being tackled in the short term because it is a tiny issue compared to the major crisis throughout the entire BBC operation. For example the complaints process has effectively collapsed under the sheer weight of complaints from the public about BBC content on all channels. The regulator Ofcom itself is overwhelmed by the sheer volume of complaints.
The BBC can't survive in its current format. It only attracts tiny audiences for most of its content (of course the website itself has a huge audience). Politics is playing a part but the crisis is much bigger than any political issues. The sub-standard football coverage is just a symbol of the rest of the organisation.

Are we allowed to use the term taking the Mickey nowadays?

That’d be my guess at the house rule broken mate

There is a cultural problem in the online team. The moderation is often done by people who don't have a clue what they are doing and some have no qualifications for the role. There is no pretence of impartality in the staff. Some of them regard it as a game to troll City fans. It is all part of the "banter" culture in that office. There is virtually no Editorial control and the senior people are part of the problem.
There is no chance of this being tackled in the short term because it is a tiny issue compared to the major crisis throughout the entire BBC operation. For example the complaints process has effectively collapsed under the sheer weight of complaints from the public about BBC content on all channels. The regulator Ofcom itself is overwhelmed by the sheer volume of complaints.
The BBC can't survive in its current format. It only attracts tiny audiences for most of its content (of course the website itself has a huge audience). Politics is playing a part but the crisis is much bigger than any political issues. The sub-standard football coverage is just a symbol of the rest of the organisation.
Apart from the surviving in it's current format part can you share any of your sources for this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.