Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might already have been mentioned but I've just picked up the Metro news paper and it seems we didn't play last night but there's 2 articles about the Rags game tonight.

It might already have been mentioned but I've just picked up the Metro news paper and it seems we didn't play last night but there's 2 articles about the Rags game tonight.

Not read it for years but when I did, the early editions never had mention of anything from the night before. But the later editions did.

Used to be the same with national papers. You could buy copies of some of the following days papers at the garage opposite the Apollo before midnight

Okay. Let's see how the thread goes. A word of advice, though; any more of the tit for tat nonsense from this afternoon, and threadbans will be a real possibility. It's your choice.

I had an American stream with two American commentators (although one had a slight Irish accent?). He said one of the players was electrical and then stated that the ref had a birds nest view of the action (which was directly in front of him), I turned the volume down until I had to switch to a French one. At least I wasn't aware if they were talking nonsense or not.
:-)
Famously, when Joe Kinnear was manager of the Nepal National Team, he was anxious not to be totally forgotten about at home. His agent pulled some strings to get one of the tabloids (News of the Screws, I think) to send a journalist to interview him.
The ensuing piece began:
"In Joe Kinnear's office which overlooks Mount Everest..."

Happened on to talkshite this morning and Brazil gave a brief update on the overnight football stories, of which their were 3.
1. Rags playing away in Seville tonight with a brief commentary from their 2-2.
2. Arsenal female player getting injured last night, in the game that saw the ragettes go 4 points clear.
3. Watford look like they’re going to miss out on an immediate return to the premier league after losing last night.
That reminds me that I listened to Talk sports this morning for the first time in months. Brazil was prattling on about Bruno Fernandes and how he was key for the rags in tonight's massive European tie in Saville. Even I knew that Bruno is suspended. What an ignorant prick you are Mr Brazil I thought. It's your bloody job to know these things. !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.