Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curle arrived under Swales and departed under Lee. We got less than £1m for him iirc.

Historically we have always come up with some astronomical signings, Trevor Francis was the first million pound football, Terry Phelan cost £2.5 million and equaled the record of what City paid for Keith Curle, Wimbledon must have loved it when Swales got on the phone back in the early 90s.

Historically we have always come up with some astronomical signings, Trevor Francis was the first million pound football, Terry Phelan cost £2.5 million and equaled the record of what City paid for Keith Curle, Wimbledon must have loved it when Swales got on the phone back in the early 90s.
Francis had already become the £m pound player at forest, but think we paid them more to take him, off memory the issue we had with Francis was his wages which were over £100k a year which were huge at the time. Brilliant player, just made of glass.
Big signings of that era were the Steve Daley one at £1.4m , Michael Robinson at £800k who had never paid top flight and think we paid £500k for Booby Shinton who I can't remember getting a game.

Francis had already become the £m pound player at forest, but think we paid them more to take him, off memory the issue we had with Francis was his wages which were over £100k a year which were huge at the time. Brilliant player, just made of glass.
Big signings of that era were the Steve Daley one at £1.4m , Michael Robinson at £800k who had never paid top flight and think we paid £500k for Booby Shinton who I can't remember getting a game.
If I remember clough would not pay ! million, the actual price was...999,999.

I had th edispleasure of watching the BT coverage last night, they were practically willing Bayern on like they were the plucky underdogs it was very strange to watch us cast in this light, considering that we are an British team and they are a British Broadcaster, the only thing it can be is that they are chasing all the armchair Liverpool, Arsenal and United fans who would never want us to win, and to be too much on our side might prove problematic to them.

But I've never seen a British tema covered like that
Really? You haven’t watched us on BT before then

Swales would almost certainly taken some sort of kick-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.