Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 100% but I have it in the back of my mind that the ‘99 European Cup Final was the first in history where neither finalist were actually even reigning champions of their own domestic league.

The rags bought (and in doing so broke British transfer records for) Veron and Ferdinand in 2001 and 2002 for £28m and £29m respectively when the average transfer cost was less than £5m.

Prior to 99 they also broke british transfer records when buying Law, Cole and Robson. They have also consistently been around the top spenders in English football in modern times. If that wasn't enough they were then one of the ring leaders in creating the Premiership (created to financially throttle the smaller clubs and channel more income to themselves).

So this media driven propaganda is akin to The Ministry of Truth in 1984.

Most readers simple don't have the intelligence to use Google and find ACTUAL facts for themselves, choosing rather to deepthroat the huge dick of lies the old guard thrusts at them.
Google tells them what they dont want to hear so make facts up and hope nobody checks because they cant be arsed

Not sure where to put this but just seen it on Facebook. Some scouse cry baby playing the it's not fair card.. No one will credit us. Just the usual cheats, oilmoney etc etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_113748_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_113748_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 239
And 9 of their finishing team were bought players, organic my arse.
The red-tinted everything about views of that final makes me sick, they were absolutely schooled by Bayern who had also hit the woodwork at least twice, and rags scrambled a couple of stuffy bagatelle goals in a desperate gung-ho last hurrah at the death.
As for the league, they won it with 79 points, drawing a third of their games, scoring 80 goals - hardly the stuff of legend!, I think this City team would destroy them. Yes, football has moved on, largely because of City!
Completely correct. It would be churlish to say they didn't deserve to win the league in '99 as the course of 38/42 games always shows the best teams to be the winners......... but their Fa Cup and Champions league wins were the stuffiest wins ever. FA cup due to one of the best players in the world,Bergkamp missing a penalty in the last minute of the semi final, and the CL final was even worse. Bayern did indeed hit the woodwork twice and missed countless other chances. Scum's equaliser was just ridiculous - Bayern defender shinned his clearance straight to Giggs, who then shinned his shot that fell to Sheringham who shinned it into the bottom corner - three complete mishits. Without doubt one of the wankiest goals I've ever witnessed in 50 years of watching football. For a good few years they really were protected by the Prince of Darkness. Fuckin awful win

Not sure where to put this but just seen it on Facebook. Some scouse cry baby playing the it's not fair card.. No one will credit us. Just the usual cheats, oilmoney etc etc
He fails to mention its a cup game in which we rotated and even then that picture features starting players that were subbed off. Plus, poor old Liverpool only had a couple of hundred million worth of subs on their bench at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.