Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a lovely 4 days for us City Fans ( Bayern / Sevilla / Arse-Southampton / Sheff Utd ) - shame about yesterday !
Still the media must keep the Rags relevant. I'm something of a technophobe and my internet search engine appears to have moved from Google to Microsoft Edge. The opening screen is basically a news sheet where you find news stories flashing up. The bizarre thing for me is that (nearly) all the Sports Stories are about ManUre.

Today we have 11 "News" items / 11 Adverts / and a grand total of 12 "Sports" items : -

Eric Ten Hag picks out brilliant Man Utd Duo for stepping up
Man Utd News - David de Gea lifts lid on penalty .....
Tottenham News - Harry Kane told to join Man Utd
Guardiola ( yes ! - that Guardiola ) "makes scared comment about ( guess who ? ) Man Utd "
Dion Dublin says Premier League star would get even better at Man Utd
Man Utd star greenlights his own exit
Paul Scholes names silly Man Utd man who can become huge star
Ref makes big mistake in Man Utd Semi ( he didn't send off Mitoma ! )
Man Utd in clear to complete unbelievable Kylian Mbappe move. (YCNMIU - well..perhaps it is)
Man Utd send scouts to watch potential 75M Euro target
Chelsea's new manager.
Finally - a Women's football story.

All these stories are taken from other news sources. It seems that Football -and football alone - is the only sport that matters here. And then when you talk about football the only "club" that matters are the rags. Does the Rag "Ministry of Truth" control what goes into this news sheet ? I'm assuming the Rags actually pay for these endless plugs and you can see why UEFA / The FA / PIGMOL always bend over backwards to favour them.

I wonder whether any rags are embarrassed by the way they are treated ? Probably not.
Don't know whether to laugh or to cry ! Today's football news items flashing across the Microsoft Bing news screen : -

Eric Ten Hag clear on who's to blame....
Alejandro Garnacho confirms Man Utd future
Ten Hag strong arms Man Utd into imminent deal
Electrifying Striker awaits Man Utd deal
A Pochetino story
Man Utd : Harry Maguire makes transfer decision
Gary Neville makes his feelings clear....
Man Utd ready to snatch perfect Man City Signing

BUT what's this : a picture of Erling Haaland !! ( taken from Football365 ) with the caption "Driven away from football by Man City CHEATS " to paraphrase just some of the gems contained therein :

I have just seen my team ( Liverpool ) come within 2 games of winning everything - but they didn't because one team is CHEATING
City have destroyed the English Game and my 3 decades obsession with it .
Arsenal won't end up as Champions because one team is cheating.
To City Fans : all of your success is built on human rights abuses, climate change denial ( que? ) and fossil fuel lobbying
Your Saint Guardiola is a disgusting hypocrite
City fans don't exist - if they did then nobody would like them

I could go on but it just gets dafter and dafter !

But God above - it sure is hurting !!!

@City_rabin highlighting the media hypocrisy again:

Do they just hope no-one will notice?

Yes, I've just read the article and immediately I wondered how many people watching the match, either at the ground or on the TV, went away thinking "the players are wonderful. The pieces revolve with perfect synchronicity. So why does it feel like processed fillet steak, like AI Beethoven, like a literary masterpiece written by a super computer?" Not even Barney Ronay apparently!

Last edited:
Someone should ask Barney Ronay (and his pals) what he means by "soft-power" project and "sportswashing" and what evidence does he have to back up his claims apart from an apparent racist belief "that all Arabs are the same" and invest their wealth not to make profit but purely for political reasons.
He and his kind are essentially just conspiracy-theory nutters. They choose to believe (with no evidence) that City are owned by a country and the owner of our club Sheikh Mansour has invested (along with US firm Silverlake) hundreds of millions of pounds in the Manchester area, in a football club, a music arena, thousands of homes, businesses, education, schools etc etc. And the reason he has done this is to provide "soft power" for his country...not to make huge profits.
Wonder what they will think when Sheffield U are taken over by a Nigerian will they ask where his money came from

Apparently now he’s realised that we actually spend wisely and are well managed, we’re better than we should be because only a state backed enterprise can be this competent (even though Abu Dhabi isn’t a nation state but let’s pretend it is). Does he honestly think that state backing equals competence? Imagine our government trying to run a football cub! He’s just whinging because we had the temerity to employ the best manager in the world and a highly competent senior executive team.
Some of us would love it as it would be like being transported back to the '90's.

Just try and squeeze into me owd Kappa top..............

Did he mention "a row of grinning beards" in this article?
Ronay is nothing but a dog whistle racist.
Ronay actually used the phrase "grinning beards" about the owners of Newcastle. He seems very selective in his criticism of football club owners and has a particular problem with those of Arab ethnicity. There is a word for this sort of thing. It's racism....with or without a dog whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.