Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s actually not a bad article apart from a ludicrous sentence about Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth meaning expensive mistakes like £26m Danilo don’t matter. The rest of the article is well worth a read and gives credit where it’s due to Guardiola.
https://m.independent.ie/sport/socc...mier-league-has-a-big-problem/a420416472.html
The Danilo thing is bonkers.
Every club buys duds. It's simply that City's recruitment is so good we clearly make a lot less of them. I can count the duds on the fingers of one hand since Txiki took over the reins.
Sure many younger players don't make it at City and go elsewhere but they don't count in the great scheme of things as they dont cost much and City generally make a profit on them - a key factor in the Net Spend league domination that is starting to emerge. A domination that is now ploughing £50m+ a season into the Big Transfer kitty.
Indeed, other teams have made an art form out of buying duds. Everton and Chelsea being prime examples.

Last edited:
He should know better because he lives in Cheshire and all his family are keen City fans. He is usually fair in his comments about City. Calling us a wealthy club is fine but suggesting we are bankrolled by a state is pure fiction and he should know better. The article was probably "ghost-written" though so it may have slipped through the net, or even been added in by a malicious sub-Editor.
May be proven wrong, bit this is where my heads at.

Souness is very fair with us and to be honest, even if he has made a huge faux pas it should have been fact checked by the sports department prior to print / post(?).

Is he / they wrong, yes. Should he be hung drawn and quartered for it, nope.

I'm off for a lie down, feeling very out of character.............. :-)

The Danilo thing is bonkers.
Every club buys duds. It's simply that City's recruitment is so good we clearly make a lot less of them. I can count the duds on the fingers of one hand since Txiki took over the reins.
Sure many younger players don't make it at City and go elsewhere but they don't count in the great scheme of things as they dont cost much and City generally make a profit on them - a key factor in the Net Spend league domination that is starting to emerge. A domination that is now ploughing £50m+ a season into the Big Transfer kitty.
Indeed, other teams have made an art form out of buying duds. Everton and Chelsea being prime examples.
Don’t forget the fact city are, much to the media’s annoyance, an elite club and even the cast off and duds have the ability to be stars at other clubs!

Why would Souness know any different about our club, he’ll get his knowledge from newspapers & TV, he has no vested interest or inner workings of our club so he’ll believe the bullshit he’s spoon fed.
Possibly by using his brain and common sense. Thought process - our owners personal wealth negates any need for further backing, State or otherwise. Washing, sports or any type is only needed if there is something to hide. When CFG were formed Abu Dhabi was and still is the most liberal of Arab countries including women's rights. Oil is produced and sold by dozens of countries including the UK. the rags prospective new owner makes a lot of money from converting it into downstream chemicals. I could go on.

Overlap was an interesting watch. Gary is hoping we get charged by the premier this season before we have a chance of the treble and also thinks united will stop us. Surprised with Carragher bigging us up and genuinely backing city to win the lot.

I hope no one at the club is buying into the media treble clamour and everyone’s feet are firmly planted. We could lose it all. The league is not over despite the bluster, jammy cunts united could manage to fudge the cup and real in the champions league is a like facing a faulty loaded gun, never knowing when it could off.

City have a mountain to climb. Nothing is impossible but it very rarely works out this way without a lot of jam imo.

Reasonable show apart from the charges nonsensical rants.

If we can pull this off, it will crush so many people.

Fulham is all that matters. Let’s hope the soulless machine can rumble on unabated and emotionless.

Neville is a dick. Arsenal and united fans not too far behind. Best bit was one of the gooners saying they kept the league interesting lol. Where have they been for the last 19 seasons? Historically shit that’s where!

@twosips did well. Also that fella below you, he is a character -;)
Most of them know the treble is highly unlikely, but they like to say we'll definitely do it for reverse psychology reasons only. Then if we don't, it will be City have failed massively with that huge billionaire squad etc etc

Early Saturday morning - put Sly Sports on and the ugly c*** that is Mark Ogden is on… masquerading as a journalist. The big news is Newcastle have a £25m shirst sponsor from the Middle East ! Mark immediately jumps in ‘the league need to investigate Newcastle and Manchester City Sponsorships’! The agenda hey. Watching cartoons now : ).
But they shouldn't even look at the holier than thou Man utd should they Ogden, you fucking red prick

View attachment 77031I’m pretty sure I didn’t see headlines like this when Bacon face was winning nearly every year.
I haven’t clicked on the article so don’t know the content.
I used to write them in my school diary (probably a bit more explicit), but no-one would have really read them.

Does that count? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.