Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest the pile on against Arsenal is quite a thing to watch as well. I'd hardly call what they've done 'a bottle job'. Also, if that was the Rags or Dippers I'm sure the media would still say there was a long way to go, lots of points to play for and lots of points to be dropped. I'm still of the opinion that it's still not over, even though shit tash thinks we'll finish 10 points clear.

When Pep arrived we had four full backs over 30.
And all 4 left the following summer at the end of their contracts or, in Kolarov's case, a request for a transfer and were replaced by 3 - Walker, Danilo and Mendy - not 4. Yet the assembled bitters were frothing at the mouth about City spending money on full backs. What did the daft bastards expect City to do? Start the season with no full backs?

He said: "This is what the wealth of a Gulf state buys you. With the commercial might of Abu Dhabi behind them, they have been able to buy the very best players."

That's accurate isn't it? Emphasis is on "commercial might" which to me means the Abu Dhabi based enterprises and companies who heavily sponsor us. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Im pretty sure souness lives on the on the south coast in Dorest. No doubt he probably owns propery in Cheshire as well :)
He has moved to the South Coast from Alderley Edge in recent years. The wording is clumsy I think. Sheikh Mansour operates globally and invests globally. I don’t accept we rely on the Abu Dhabi state. Sheikh Mansour is in it to make money like other investors.

And all 4 left the following summer at the end of their contracts or, in Kolarov's case, a request for a transfer and were replaced by 3 - Walker, Danilo and Mendy - not 4. Yet the assembled bitters were frothing at the mouth about City spending money on full backs. What did the daft bastards expect City to do? Start the season with no full backs?
Think it was Bbc sport who referenced Walker's signing with an article along the lines of 'wow that price tag' - at this time Kyle was an England regular. Fast forward a couple of years and a non internatiinal, Wan Bissaka moved north for a similair fee without any media outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.