Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Wison in The Guardian has just written a piece about even if we do the treble it wont be as good as the rags.

That must be at least 5 articles the media have wrote about this in the last week

tbf, City’s PL title wins have certainly lacked drama.

The two where the rags were in second under Maureen and Solskjaer were outright boring, they didn't lay a glove on us all season and both titles were in the bag by Christmas. The ones against Liverpool and this season (if we pull it off) have been fun though, we should try to figure out what the difference was.

He claims to be a Sunderland fan. Met him a few times. Really nice guy and, unlike most of his peers, does understand football and tactics.

But it must be written into Guardian writers' contracts that they have to produce one anti-City article a week.
He can't be a really nice guy with scruples like that.

Jonathan Wison in The Guardian has just written a piece about even if we do the treble it wont be as good as the rags.

That must be at least 5 articles the media have wrote about this in the last week

The idiot even dismantles his own arguments. Says PL is uncompetitive but acknowledged 5 titles in 6 has been done twice before. Says no one will remember City's games in the FA or CL and then acknowledges that we'll all remember Haaland's 5 goals in one game plus the demolition of Bayern, and that the Real & rag games are potential "classics".

Probably one of those articles that he thought sounded good in theory but regretted writing when he got about halfway through.

You're ringing a bell for me with this observation!

Every May since 1968 I always seem to wake up on the terraces of a football ground somewhere, mainly Maine Road and The Etihad but also far flung places like Newcastle, having gone there and immediately fallen asleep. The medics have been at a loss to explain it.. but from what you suggest, maybe it's some form of 'football-induced narcolepsy'?

I mean, it's been going on for donkey's years.. I drop off for hours as soon as my team comes onto the pitch; even spoiled my afternoon at the end of last season when I was looking forward to see the return of Philipe Coutinho to the Premiership.

I must get another appointment with the quack, see if this might mean something for the diagnosis?

Oh and by the way, while I'm on here, can any of you tell me what's the obsession among Blues with the number '93.20' all about? Beats me why I keep seeing it everywhere..

The Guardian (or the sports department of it) has only one intention when it comes to City. To snipe at us and denigrate our success. The motives are not clear. Pander to the red masses to help sales? Could it be Rascism? (don’t seem quite so keen to call out clubs with Russian/Chinese etc interests).

Whatever. It’s a free world but it’s beyond me why any City fan would pay for this awful paper and fund what increasingly looks like an organised campaign against a Manchester (how ironic) club.

There is the camp of building it up to say it’s inevitable so they can tarnish any achievements we make
Then there’s the camp of acting like it’s done already so they can laugh when we fail.
Jonathan Wilson is a grade A cock!
How can they write off something we have not yet achieved as being not as good??
What if we lose in Madrid 3-0 and then win 4-0 at home
What if we are 1-0 down in unjustly time in the FA cup final and win
They are scared of it happening that’s all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.