Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Wison in The Guardian has just written a piece about even if we do the treble it wont be as good as the rags.

That must be at least 5 articles the media have wrote about this in the last week

Quite interesting that most of the comments, the majority not from City fans, are pouring derision on the article. Even rival fans who hate us are getting bored with this constant recycling of nonsense

You're ringing a bell for me with this observation!

Every May since 1968 I always seem to wake up on the terraces of a football ground somewhere, mainly Maine Road and The Etihad but also far flung places like Newcastle, having gone there and immediately fallen asleep. The medics have been at a loss to explain it.. but from what you suggest, maybe it's some form of 'football-induced narcolepsy'?

I mean, it's been going on for donkey's years.. I drop off for hours as soon as my team comes onto the pitch; even spoiled my afternoon at the end of last season when I was looking forward to see the return of Philipe Coutinho to the Premiership.

I must get another appointment with the quack, see if this might mean something for the diagnosis?

Oh and by the way, while I'm on here, can any of you tell me what's the obsession among Blues with the number '93.20' all about? Beats me why I keep seeing it everywhere..
I know, I'm always having to wake you up when we score! As for 93.20, surely that relates to that QPR game from 2012 which ended up with you falling onto my young son in the 94th minute!

The Guardian (or the sports department of it) has only one intention when it comes to City. To snipe at us and denigrate our success. The motives are not clear. Pander to the red masses to help sales? Could it be Rascism? (don’t seem quite so keen to call out clubs with Russian/Chinese etc interests).

Whatever. It’s a free world but it’s beyond me why any City fan would pay for this awful paper and fund what increasingly looks like an organised campaign against a Manchester (how ironic) club.
If you have a view about City that deviates from the WhatsApp group line, you simply won’t be commissioned to write about it in the Guardian. It’s clearly editorial policy. The bit I struggle to get my head around is how their writers can pitch the same tired article to their editor time after time, with no fresh take whatsoever, and the editor just nods their head and publishes it.

Fergie was the same we had him for 25 years and majority of the media lauded him and never ever had an article like that one! Most city fans new it was fergie who kept the rags where they were and we had our suspicions that’s once he went there club be back to where they were for half their history!
Half? More like 3/4s. Outside of Busby and Ferguson they've been average at most and it could be argued that without the legacy momentum of the two managers keeping them limping along they'd have been a lot less than that.

If you have a view about City that deviates from the WhatsApp group line, you simply won’t be commissioned to write about it in the Guardian. It’s clearly editorial policy. The bit I struggle to get my head around is how their writers can pitch the same tired article to their editor time after time, with no fresh take whatsoever, and the editor just nods their head and publishes it.
The articles are obviously still getting enough clicks.

Clicks

Half? More like 3/4s. Outside of Busby and Ferguson they've been average at most and it could be argued that without the legacy momentum of the two managers keeping them limping along they'd have been a lot less than that.

Yeah true! Fergie goes and they haven’t been close to winning the league! Maybe it be more than 26 years till they win it again and we have more titles than them..

Last three City managers have won the league during their time here. The rags have only had three managers in their entire history that have achieved winning the title, they have not been very good for vast amounts of their existence.

Quite interesting that most of the comments, the majority not from City fans, are pouring derision on the article. Even rival fans who hate us are getting bored with this constant recycling of nonsense
Just read a few. The bitterness & bile is palpable & the comment section is full of it!

Some dude called Vancouver Gooner claims he hated ManUre's treble win, but greatly admired it through gritted teeth.

HOWEVER, Manchester City are a soulless, cold, lifeless club, who play clinical, sterile, robotic football!

Because of our money & Abu Dhabi's "Human Rights abuses", all Man City successes are tainted & makes him hate football a little bit more...

They're fuckin nuts! :-/

He has moved to the South Coast from Alderley Edge in recent years. The wording is clumsy I think. Sheikh Mansour operates globally and invests globally. I don’t accept we rely on the Abu Dhabi state. Sheikh Mansour is in it to make money like other investors.
Exactly right.
Sheikh M has successfully invested in City and his concentration on growing the brand has worked wonders for football everywhere.

Apologies to the history clubs for showing up their refusal to change but the modern world lives on constant improving change not dependance on historical results for future glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.