Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen that Miggy on Sky?What’s that about?Get out of my face,you ugly twat!In the real world,you would definitely be invading my space so back off,you f’kin muppet..

If that was a grass roots manager going up to an official in that manner, I suspect he would be reported to the league and banned for a serious length of time. Metrovic got an eight game ban for tugging the arm of a ref, Klipperty has run 10 yards away from the goal his team has scored in to deliberately confront the official. I don’t think a five game stadium ban with no communication allowed is going too far although I don’t think PL has the balls. Might set an example to all managers about what is expected. I reckon if that happened in rugby it would be a six month ban.
Likewise the Wolves player who was the third player to walk towards the ref, got booked, it was his second card, and got sent off. From what I recall, there was no aggression in his demeanor, maybe walked like a "hard man" for a short while.

Pathetic apologists Dominic King…..

First things first, it should be said that the Premier League, again, have abdicated responsibility. This is their mess. If they were serious about honouring the coronation, they would have made Saturday a clear day and switched all fixtures to Friday, Sunday and Monday.”

Always the victim, never your fault once again sums this behaviour up but if you call it out they’ll file it under “tragedy chanting.”

DOMINIC KING: Why Liverpool fans are likely to sing their own anthem

https://mol.im/a/12034727

Just thought that, amid all this clickbait media bullshit from gaslighting WhatsApp wankers about City being robotic and dull, maybe some people might appreciate a take from an old-school Fleet Street football writer who really knows the game. The above are tweets by Norman Giller, senior football correspondent for the Daily Express in the sixties and seventies, when it had the biggest circulation in the land.

He posted the above after watching City dismantle Liverpool and Arsenal, respectively. He's now in his 80s and still writes books in his retirement, having watched football for well over 70 years. He's also a Spurs fan, but no one's perfect. Anyway, thought it nice to cite an informed journalistic view that doesn't have to be viewed through a prism of the desperate chase for redshirt clicks.

A Spurs fan? In his eighties? How has his blood pressure not killed him in this last 18 months or so?

Pathetic apologists Dominic King…..

First things first, it should be said that the Premier League, again, have abdicated responsibility. This is their mess. If they were serious about honouring the coronation, they would have made Saturday a clear day and switched all fixtures to Friday, Sunday and Monday.”

Always the victim, never your fault once again sums this behaviour up but if you call it out they’ll file it under “tragedy chanting.”

DOMINIC KING: Why Liverpool fans are likely to sing their own anthem

https://mol.im/a/12034727
No issue with them not singing the national anthem if it's not for them - I myself have no real affection to the royal's.

However, I would also acknowledge that other clubs have managed to honour or respect certain high profile landmarks should they wish to (my mind is immediately cast back to the 50th Munich air disaster anniversary and the Hillsborough anniversary in 2014). Agreed, these are marking disasters but the footballing super computer could have easily given a much less highly charged tie. I.e. the eyes of the country of not world were squarely fixed on how how we would behave as a fanbase.

So back to the opening paragraph - no issue at all with how they choose to mark / ignore the occasion, but people external to the club and city are also free to judge their behavior on its own merits (free from Dominic Kings proactive and highly predictable defense). It must be a strange existence being employed pretty much on the back of your localised accent.

How did I fucking know that the unnamed 'club official ' not understanding Liverpool's distain for the royal family would be employed by Manchester City Football Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.